• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Shop Amazon and help support TWT -- No Longer Available

It's the lawyers! ;-) The second paragraph seems to limit what YOU and your direct relations can do, not indiscriminate users of your web site. Perhaps this is designed to keep people from getting the discount to use only for their own purchases?

:tab Just a bump to remind folks that you can do a LOT to support TWT buy using our affiliate link to make your holiday season purchases from Amazon (and even year round!).

http://www.amazon.com/?tag=twowhetex-20

:tab There is no additional cost to you. All that happens is TWT gets a small percentage from Amazon that would go to them or someone else instead. If you bookmark that link and use it to enter Amazon every time you visit their site, then TWT gets credit for your purchases. It is not a lot per purchase, but if enough folks use it, it can add up over time.

If you lose or forget the link, you can find it in the first post of this thread. You can also go to the "Support TWT" link on the main navbar at the top of any page and click the "Shop Amazon" option. Lastly, there is a banner that pops up in the rotation at the top and bottom of every page that has the link. You might have to reload the page a few times to get the banner to display.

Done! Link bookmarked.

Yeah, it's strange that they don't want to the end user to know explicitly which organization they're supporting even though they clicked a referral link :/

Scott, I don't buy alot from Amazon but when I do regardless of what it is, I always use the TWT link to make my purchases. I've done that since you launched the TWT Amazon link. JB

Scott ought to set up an Amazon page with links to good bike items. Probably collect more than just using this link. I see guys with YouTube channels doing it for hiking stuff all the time.

:tab Just a reminder with the holidays around the corner that this is an easy way to support TWT without really taking any more money out of your pocket. Just use this link when you enter Amazon, do your shopping, check out, and Amazon takes care of the rest,

http://www.amazon.com/?tag=twowhetex-20

Right now would be an especially nice time to get a bit more support than usual. I am in the middle of preparing to move TWT to a new server/software platform and I've had to lay out close to $3K in the process. I am hoping to finalize the move in the coming month or so. Once done, it will get us off an 11 year old server onto modern hardware and the forum will be shifted to newer software as well. It should position TWT to continue for years to come.

Each purchase may only send a little to TWT, but it all adds up, and it all helps! Thanks!

Does it work with Smile as well?

Meaning does some go to the Smile charity and some to TWT as well?

:tab If you sign in to Amazon Smile, I am pretty sure nothing comes to TWT. Only 501(c)(3) tax exempt charities can be on that list and TWT is NOT a registered charity.

:tab I couldn't tell you for sure without to you telling me about specific purchases and then me going to look over the list of stuff credited to TWT to see if they are on there. This is one of the biggest complaints about the affiliate program, there's no way for customers to verify that the money is going to the group they desire at the time of purchase.

:tab On a really good month, like say November or December, I might get anywhere from $200-$250 from this program. Most months are more along the lines of $100-$150. It doesn't sound like a lot, but every bit helps.

:tab On a really good month, like say November or December, I might get anywhere from $200-$250 from this program. Most months are more along the lines of $100-$150. It doesn't sound like a lot, but every bit helps.

I figured purchases by my wife alone would yield you that much ... :doh:

It's easy to spot if you are using the correct TWT link.

/?tag=twowhetex

Last edited:
I figured purchases by my wife alone would yield you that much ... :doh:

It's easy to spot if you are using the correct TWT link.

/?tag=twowhetex

You can see that tag when you enter the site. Once you start navigating around on Amazon looking for different stuff, adding/deleting to the cart, etc,... many of the people have complained that they cannot tell if it is still going to go to TWT. I cannot use it because of their rules, so I can't really play around with it to see how it works on the customer end.

I don't see what it would hurt to have something during the check out process that clearly indicates who will be getting that small percentage and maybe even asking for a yes/no verification, or perhaps listing organizations you've donated to in the past and letting you choose at the time of checkout. I think on their end though, Amazon wants to affiliate thing to be effectively invisible to the end users. I'm not sure why :shrug:

Yes, I only see it at initial log in.
I don't see it with a direct link to an amazon product.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001NAP2FO/?tag=twowhetex-20

I recently replaced my shop-vac with a Shop-vac brand vacuum cleaner.
On or about the 3rd of Sept. I purchased that K&N oil filter KN-655.

Not sure how specific your Amazon affiliate log is, but do you see either of those?

Last edited:
when you use the recommended TWT link, it often tries to get you to "update" to the Smiles program on launch

just ordered a new senior executive computer desk chair (with massage and heat :zen:) using the link.

I added the link to my quick dial. I don't order a lot there but everything helps I guess.

Yes, I only see it at initial log in.
I don't see it with a direct link to an amazon product.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001NAP2FO/?tag=twowhetex-20

I recently replaced my shop-vac with a Shop-vac brand vacuum cleaner.
On or about the 3rd of Sept. I purchased that K&N oil filter KN-655.

Not sure how specific your Amazon affiliate log is, but do you see either of those?

Nope.

All I found related to vacuums was an attachment for a wet/dry vacuum. I did a search from Aug 1 to Oct 31.

Back