• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Short mid-week quickie solo Arkansas trip advice?

Reaction score
I recently fell into 2-1/2 days off in the middle of this coming week due to scheduling. What a better way to spend it than doing a brief Arkansas trip on the FJR? I've been riding up there just twice in the past 7 years, once with our TWT East TX group and another time spur-of-the-moment solo based out of Hot Springs.

Rolling out Monday around lunch and will spend that night with some friends at their house just NE of Little Rock, so I'll have all of Tuesday and then want to be back home before dark Wednesday. I'll likely mostly slab it Mon to get there at a decent time for dinner.

I figure I can either:

1) do a day ride out of LR Tuesday, go back for a second night in LR and then ride a decently interesting return route home Wed from there, or

2) ride to somewhere else Tuesday (north and west of LR of course), snag a hotel room (recommendations?), then boogie home to Tyler on Wed a different path.

Any thoughts?

No sense wasting time coming back to Little Rock the same day. I'd take those miles and run 123 or Push Mtn. an extra time or two. Bunk down in Russellville for a short 6 hour ride home the next day.

You should have your choice of a few hotels at I40 & Hwy 7 - might grab a reservation to be safe. A little further north (20 min.?) is Clarksville with more hotel options. Regardless, I wouldn't do Little Rock any more than I had to. Hope this helps.

No sense wasting time coming back to Little Rock the same day. I'd take those miles and run 123 or Push Mtn. an extra time or two. Bunk down in Russellville for a short 6 hour ride home the next day.

You should have your choice of a few hotels at I40 & Hwy 7 - might grab a reservation to be safe. A little further north (20 min.?) is Clarksville with more hotel options. Regardless, I wouldn't do Little Rock any more than I had to. Hope this helps.

Thank you my friend. After my original post, I started thinking about doing a route from LR Tuesday morning that would take me up through Yellville, catch 125 to MO 160, west towards Branson and drop back down to stay in Eureka Springs (never been there).

Still keeping an eye on the forecast. Weatherbug on my phone is much less encouraging (up to 80% chance of rain Tuesday and 60% Wednesday morning) than is National Weather Service (30-40%).

Thank you my friend. After my original post, I started thinking about doing a route from LR Tuesday morning that would take me up through Yellville, catch 125 to MO 160, west towards Branson and drop back down to stay in Eureka Springs (never been there).

Still keeping an eye on the forecast. Weatherbug on my phone is much less encouraging (up to 80% chance of rain Tuesday and 60% Wednesday morning) than is National Weather Service (30-40%).

160 is a good plan. I love that road. A freind referred to it as "200 miles of Holy s**t, let's do that agin" ride safe, :rider:
Eureka Springs is cool and the ride south is great. Head down the "pig trail" but watch out for forest rats (deer).

Back