• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Short trail rides

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
Got to ride Sunday and Monday. Forest is still closed and wasn't up for the drive to Cycleland, worked a full week last week, so tired!
Went to Sterling Ranch Sunday, first time since I put my race on back in January. I was out there so much getting ready for the race I didn't want to see it, lol. It was a zoo Sunday, with the forest closed and everyone tired of being inside, it was packed! Only rode 2- 8 mile loops and just hung out. But a ride is a ride, right!

Then yesterday had an invite to a very short private woods track. They only have 14 acres, but have worked a 3+ mile loop of glorious turns and twists that will work you out and put a smile on your face!

It was great to be out on 2 wheels!!

Last edited:
I have to say some of my best times were not the ride but hanging out with good people. Sometimes you get to an enduro and the weather just doesn't pan out. But hanging with riding buds the night before or after the race makes the trip worth while. I can remember sitting with guys around a campfire years ago up at Memphis, Texas that is, Cotton fields lots and lots of cotton fields. Anyway back to the subject, I had a great time up till midnight or later talking bike, races and whatever. Now the race was great but what I remember was is Roy, Will and Ken all older guys that I looked up to setting around and telling stories about old Texas races.

Sorry to hijack your thread but sometime 14 acres with good friends is all it takes.

Sam

I cut an extra 1/2 mile to my home track. Getting my exercise walking it and picking up thorny twigs.

I have to say some of my best times were not the ride but hanging out with good people. Sometimes you get to an enduro and the weather just doesn't pan out. But hanging with riding buds the night before or after the race makes the trip worth while. I can remember sitting with guys around a campfire years ago up at Memphis, Texas that is, Cotton fields lots and lots of cotton fields. Anyway back to the subject, I had a great time up till midnight or later talking bike, races and whatever. Now the race was great but what I remember was is Roy, Will and Ken all older guys that I looked up to setting around and telling stories about old Texas races.

Sorry to hijack your thread but sometime 14 acres with good friends is all it takes.

Sam
:thumb: Since I can't ride right now just the campfire would be huge! The camaraderie has always been my big thing.

We got in three 8 mile loops. Amazing how dry and Sandy already.

Yes it got dry quick here in Victoria. Last week I burned a brush pile and my fire never tried to spread. This week Monday I burned again and had to stay on it to keep it where I wanted. I told my wife that was my last fire until we get some rain. Tuesday the county put a burn ban in effect.

@GSTJOHN and I along with a couple of others hit up Cycleland Tuesday, really good conditions. First time this year it wasn't muddy. Got in 37 miles which for this old man is enough!

If you haven't been it's tight and some places really technical. Not much "easy" riding or rest time. I think we only averaged 15 mph and that's with some connecting road spots.

Larry King and I fought 90 plus temps to log 35 miles at Cycleland yesterday. Doesn't sound like much but those are tough miles up there. Especially for super seniors. Ha

Larry King and I fought 90 plus temps to log 35 miles at Cycleland yesterday. Doesn't sound like much but those are tough miles up there. Especially for super seniors. Ha
Rough trails, high heat, humidity and usually no breeze in those tight trees can be a rough day. Having the lake to jump in is a great reward at CL. :thumb:

Going to try and sneak up to Cycleland before the rain today.

Quick run to Cycleland. Got the wife out for a little while. Only 2nd time out of house since early March for her. Listened and watched our Church service. Rode 20 miles alone, except for 1 known Copperhead. Then barely beat a big storm leaving. Fun day. And KFC on the way home. Winner.

Look forward to it! You make any workdays? Best way to get noticed!!

That’s what I’ve been told. The member I ride with will be calling before the next one, and I’ll be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another nice, 3 hour workout at Cycleland yesterday. Had an awesome time.
bf61021cd460fc94d29194d42f05ce43.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're friends with Brian! Hope you're not the one that hit the tree!!

Guys, where is cycleland? Sounds fun, but I haven’t heard of it before? Guessing its not in Texas?

Guys, where is cycleland? Sounds fun, but I haven’t heard of it before? Guessing its not in Texas?
The reason you haven't heard of it is it's private. No website, been around since the 80's. Located 5 miles outside Nacogdoches, Tx. Limited to 120 families and still has a waiting list. Fairly strict on guest privileges, as in no guest without a member sponsor, with you. Has a large permanent campground where folks leave RV's. The trail system is 60 plus miles, 1 way trails.

Heard of it. Thought it was a bike shop.

Back