• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Short trail rides

122890687_10164411984125174_5192787989430156818_n.jpg

No dust at this place! lol

3 of us rode Cycleland Tuesday, extremely difficult to follow the trail this time of the year in places. Brown leaves are a foot deep! Cover trail and hide many a danger, lol.

In some trail sections C-Land is very dangerous. With the roots/holes and washouts having the leaves hide things it can be very very bad. I think several trails should be totally moved. Even the reversal each year no longer helps to "heal" them, just too beat.

I must have missed you when you rode. Sorry.

Yeah, I think every time I saw you was a workday. My last three years of membership I only rode probably 3-5 times.

Yeah, I think every time I saw you was a workday. My last three years of membership I only rode probably 3-5 times.
If SHNF is open i don't go much. Not in the click so go where my riding buddys are at. Maybe make it once a month, maybe.

Did my 30 miles at Cycleland today. Very dry, but sand still not as loose as summer.

My riding partner showed up with this beauty.
20201112_093148.jpg

KTM North America, Inc. has just announced details of the 2021 KTM 300 XC-W TPI ERZBERGRODEO, a limited-edition machine designed to conquer the toughest trails and most demanding races.

Paying a special tribute to the iconic ErzbergRodeo Red Bull Hare Scramble and drawing from KTM’s extreme offroad expertise and experience from the WESS Enduro World Championship, the evolving shape of KTM’s XC-W technology is further enhanced by the KTM 300 XC-W TPI ERZBERGRODEO. Building upon the powerful KTM 300 XC-W TPI and celebrating the fourth year of KTM’s advanced and electronically controlled 2-stroke fuel injection system in 2021, the KTM 300 XC-W TPI ERZBERGRODEO offers the most competitive enduro package available on the showroom floor. Factory wheels with DID DirtStar rims and CNC-machined hubs, orange anodized CNC-milled triple clamps and a list of vital protection pieces keep the KTM 300 XC-W TPI ERZBERGRODEO moving forward when the terrain is at its most demanding.
This nimble, lightweight all-terrain master fears no obstacle, making it the ultimate machine for taking on the renowned Iron Giant. A truly race-bred machine, the KTM 300 XC-W TPI ERZBERGRODEO features a long list of special parts that give you everything you need to conquer the world’s most extreme enduro race, clearly reinforcing its READY TO RACE bloodline.

two stroke amp
2021 KTM 300 XC-W TPI ERZBERGRODEO HIGHLIGHTS
Factory wheels with anodized hubs
Closed hand guards
Radiator fan
Radiator protectors
Orange anodized, CNC-milled triple clamp
Skid plate
Selle Dalla Valle Factory seat
Front brake disc guard
Rear solid disc
Rear disc guard
Chain guide bracket protection
Map select switch
Supersprox stealth 2-piece rear sprocket
Pull straps
Orange anodized oil plug
Clutch slave cylinder protection
Rear brake safety wire
Special ErzbergRodeo graphics

Here’s a list of all the highlights on the 2021 KTM 300 XC-W TPI ERZBERGRODEO SPECIAL EDITION

Orange frame and special ErzbergRodeo graphics celebrate 26 years of competition on the Iron Giant.
Wrap-around handguards provide increased protection for when the terrain gets extreme.
Solid rear brake disc prevents loading up with mud and other abrasives to minimize brake lining wear and keep the brakes functioning in the harshest conditions.
Factory wheels feature lightweight, CNC machined, orange anodized hubs and high-end, DID DirtStar rims, guaranteeing maximum stability at minimal weight.
Selle Dalla Valle seat tailored to meet the needs of the best off-road racers offers great comfort and control to master the most challenging terrain.
Front and rear pull straps are included as standard to help tackle the most demanding obstacles.
Front disc guard with intelligent fitting system allows the tire to be changed or the brake to be serviced without removing the cover.
Orange anodized, CNC milled triple clamps give a factory touch while delivering optimal fork clamping and motorcycle control.
Standard map select switch allows the rider to select an alternate map, providing a sportier power delivery, while the standard map is set for smoother and more tractable offroad characteristics.
Radiator fan as standard for keeping cool when dissecting rock sections and hill climbs.
Select protection pieces include radiator protectors, skid plate, rear disc guard, chain guide bracket protector, clutch slave cylinder protector and rear brake safety wire.
Supersprox stealth 2-piece rear sprocket combines durability with a lightweight construction for the best of both worlds.
WP XPLOR forks now feature an external preload adjuster as standard, making spring preload adjustments for terrain and rider preference quick and easy.
WP XPLOR rear shock with PDS (Progressive Damping System) technology features a second damping piston in combination with a closed cup towards the end of the stroke, supported by a progressive shock spring, to produce unmatched offroad performance.
2 cc 2-stroke engine fitted with a patented TPI fuel injection system for perfect fueling at any altitude, no premixing and reduced fuel consumption while still living up to the standard of a KTM 2-stroke.
Cylinder with two injectors placed in the rear transfer ports for excellent downstream atomization of fuel.
EMS featuring an ECU controlling ignition timing and fuel spray based on information from sensors reading intake air pressure, throttle position, water temperature and ambient air pressure from an additional sensor for efficient altitude compensation.
Electronic oil pump feeds oil from the 700 cc oil tank to the intake to ensure a perfect fuel-oil mix under any condition while reducing smoking by 50% and providing up to 5 tanks of fuel.
Exhaust system provides improved performance with reduced weight and a more durable construction thanks to the innovative corrugated surface on the expansion chamber.

High-tech, lightweight chrome-moly steel frame with carefully calculated flex parameters provides a great blend of comfort, stability and precision.
Single-piece cast aluminum swingarm is manufactured using a gravity die-cast production process, offering exceptional strength at the lowest possible weight.
Reinforced clutch cover for improved resistance against impacts in rocky terrain.
6-speed wide ratio transmission is perfectly suited for offroad duty.
Bodywork features a slim design for excellent comfort and freedom of movement, putting the rider in complete control.
Air box and air boot designed to provide maximum protection of the air filter against soiling and better airflow for increased performance. Air filter can be accessed without tools for quick servicing.
Hydraulic Brembo clutch system offers highly controllable modulation of the clutch and light operation, minimizing fatigue on demanding rides.
High-tech Brembo brakes have always been standard equipment on KTM offroad machines and are combined with lightweight Wave discs to offer incredible braking power and feel.

The 2021 is a Beauty compared with the 2020. Saw one last week in McKinney,.....I was tempted but mine runs so good compared to a stock KTM TPI, I refrained. Plus my wife said I need to refrain If know what's good for me,...and gave me a "wink" I get it.
Gorgeous bike looks even better on the dirt.

I tell people it's a Ktm that has Yamaha suspension and turns like a Suzuki. Bike world really well for me! Sherco should wrap up the National Enduro title this weekend in West Tx with Grant Baylor.

I've got a white KTM in the garage, I feel like I can rib them a bit.

Actually, all the real KTMs I've owned were reliable for the short time I had them, as I recall. And my one Yamaha that I owned did actually have terrible suspension.

I'm just not familiar enough with the other bikes to know what the reference means.

Actually, all the real KTMs I've owned were reliable for the short time I had them, as I recall. And my one Yamaha that I owned did actually have terrible suspension.

I'm just not familiar enough with the other bikes to know what the reference means.
I know you were messing, and white KTM's are better. Ha

125189654_10225074163619935_5478330354478716079_n.jpg

This your white KTM, lol.

Did a little over 30 miles in SHNF today with local Beta/Sherco dealer. He was on a Beta 430, plated. Amazing how well that bike worked, even in the whoops. Hmm, lol.

Not sure if Ronnie has gotten faster(possibly, rides a lot), I'm just too big for 250 4 stroke (I'm 260 plus gear), just need a 450(good excuse), or have to face the music(I'm 69, this is as good as it's going to get, lol). Anyway he did a great job of keeping up.

Back