• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

shorty levers, how difficult to install?

Lucydad

Forum Supporter
All,
For a while I have wanted some shorty, adjustable hand levers for my Moto Guzzi V7 III Special. They are available, my question: how difficult to install? And then, am I dealing with major adjustment of both clutch and front brakes? Thanks!

First Name
Dave
I've never worked on a MG but every bike I've seen it looks very straightforward to replace levers. One nut and/or bolt/screw per side. Old lever drops out, new one inserted and reinsert hardware. :shrug:
I will add that I put the smallest bit of graphite grease on the contact and pivot points to ensure smooth operation. If in doubt, there is always utube university.

With my BMW it was easy but you had to use a micrometer to measure the existing plunger length for the stock lever. Then you would install the plunger on the new lever using the OEM measurement. For me, the brake lever worked perfectly. The clutch I had to back out a little bit because I was getting a bit of clutch slip. It's all good now. There are YouTube videos for install. You will need a micrometer.

Lucydad

Forum Supporter
Kidder,
Thanks for info, brake side should be very simple best I can tell. Clutch I will research. Ordered Pazzo adjustable hand levers, in black, long length. Decided against shorties due to my small hands. My main goal: adjust lever distance so I can reach easier.

Kidder,
Thanks for info, brake side should be very simple best I can tell. Clutch I will research. Ordered Pazzo adjustable hand levers, in black, long length. Decided against shorties due to my small hands. My main goal: adjust lever distance so I can reach easier.
The Pazzo levers come with detailed instructions. That's what I installed on my bike. Measuring and capturing the baseline is extremely important. Triple check your measurement for both sides. And ensure you are measuring from the same two points.