• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Should this parking lot for scooters replace the MSF?

The only thing that surprised me there, was that they didn't make the ramp two way.

The only thing that surprised me there, was that they didn't make the ramp two way.
I hadn't thought of that. :wary: I know they pack'em in pretty tight in that part of the world but yeah I thought it was cool to see from someone like me who never been over there. I sure would hate to be fighting a periodic stalling issue in there.

Keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times...

I noticed a few mirror tracks on the walls.

That doesn't look any worse to me than some of the filtering I've seen from various places around the globe (not claiming I could deal with it). In fact, walls are stationary vs moving vehicles. But it is continuous for quite a bit.
I think it is primarily mindset and paradigm. We like our wide open spaces. When we ride, we typically choose to ride away from traffic. Riders in other countries are accustomed to congestion, crowding, and riding handlebar-to-handlebar/mirror-to-mirror. They ride out of necessity or as a preferred alternative to public transpo, bicycles, and small cars.

Funny things people notice when coming from a different culture. My half-sister's first visit to the US and Texas was from London. Leaving DFW she was absolutely amazed at the amount of land we dedicate to freeway intersections. Couldn't believe all the open and used land.

Surprised how spacious the parking spots were. Usually scooters are crammed in and parked at double that density.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Besides staying between the walls, I think it would be hard to maintain speed to stay upright while also not being able to see a safe distance ahead.

"Hey man can I borrow your scooter tomorrow"? I wanna pound a few beers and make some timed runs into and out of the parking garage. I'll buy a case if you want to come along.

Bank the curves up onto the wall and you have the equivalent of Ray's indoor Mountain bike park.

I don't think a big bike would fit through there. Having been in that part of the world a few times, I am not surprised to see something like that. A person can't really grasp the number of scooters that are used everyday and for everything. If we had something like that parking garage in the US, there would end up being races to see who could get through it the quickest.

Back