• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Side and Center Stand modification

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Blaschke
I am adding taller shocks to my BMW R1150GS. I am in need of extending my side and center stand. Anybody know a good machine shop in the West South West area that would be willing to work on a small job like this? Without asking me to bend over and assume the position?

Why not just save yourself the grief and trade up to an Adventure :-P I see that Lone Star has a nice silver 04 for sale ;-) then you can just sell me those Ohlins for about $500 and be done with it :twisted:

Adios,

You know, last year I had all but put my name on the dotted line for a 2003 Adventure. But, my brother got cold feet and backed out.

Now, he is talking to LS BMW and will probably have a new GSA before Easter. Not sure what the A stands for, but it is the standard GS.

The trip to Lousiana convinced him that no matter how much he loves the VFR's power, he needs something he can ride longer and to many different places.

Plus, the most important reason, the Adventure doesn't come in yellow.

Besides, I need to brush up on my welding skills anyway.

Do it yourself like I did. Bought a piece of Delrin from plastics supply company. Rough cut with table saw; shaped to conform to base of kickstand using belt sander; drilled counterbored hole in Delrin; drilled and tapped hole in kickstand; bolted Delrin to kickstand with Loctite. About an hour's worth of labor.

Back