• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Silver Efex Pro good for black & white?

Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Would Silver Efex Pro plugin for Photoshop be useful for making black & whites? Or, would I be happier in the long run with the various techniques in Photoshop and save my money?

I would love to do some Zone System/Ansel Adams type photography, but I've never been quite happy with the results I've gotten with Photoshop Curves, desaturating or channels.

Do you have Lightroom?

There are many FREE presets for B&W that work really well.

I have Silver Efex Pro but don't use it. I also tried Topaz suite of plug ins and like them better.

But when all is said and done I use LR and on the rare occasion I will open up PS.

If you are not a LR user, I highly recommend it. The cost of Silver Efex is the same as LR, but where Silver Efex is just a B&W utility, LR is a complete portfolio management tool.

Back