• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Similar Threads add-on : What are your thoughts?

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
You may have noticed that a block full of "Similar threads" has been appearing when you start a new thread, or below a thread you might be viewing. In theory, if you are starting a thread, this might help keep users from duplicating an existing thread. If you are already viewing an existing thread, the block below will have other similar threads which might help you find related content.

I've never had this feature on the forum before, but many forums do. What are your thoughts about the usefulness of the add-on?

Looks interesting, I'd probably ignore it largely, but could be helpful for technical articles.

So far I am struggling to see the similarity in many of the threads it lists... :shrug:

I don't see a connection between my title and the suggestions.
And takes up valuable screen real estate.

For instance ... in this thread ... these are the similar topics listed for me ...

Just don't see any advantage ...

I'm thinking it only works well if it has good specific words to key off of. Otherwise, I don't know how it decides what is similar or not :shrug:

I'll leave it for now and keep an eye on it. If it doesn't seem to improve, I'll probably remove it.

Similar threads doesn't appear to be too useful to me. This isn't a model specific site like others where people are asking for the 50th time what the oil change procedure is for model X. I don't see a lot of the same posts appearing over and over again except for people wanting to go ride again, and that needs a new thread anyway.

Similar threads doesn't appear to be too useful to me. This isn't a model specific site like others where people are asking for the 50th time what the oil change procedure is for model X. I don't see a lot of the same posts appearing over and over again except for people wanting to go ride again, and that needs a new thread anyway.

Good points! The add-on lets you exclude forums. I excluded all the ride report forums and upcoming ride/trip forums.

Usually don't find this useful as they may be old threads I wouldn't be interested in.

Good points! The add-on lets you exclude forums. I excluded all the ride report forums and upcoming ride/trip forums.

The only place I'd find it useful is ride type reports, but it would be that I'm going to ride and want to see if others have written similar area reports that I could review or ask questions. Normally I just search to find :shrug:

Back