• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Single bike trailers Kendon vs Alpha Sport

Reaction score
Anybody ever compare a KENDON to an ALPHA SPORT trailer.

I looked over internet specs and see the main differences of Alpha not having casters to move when folded and Kendon being $1.5K more money.

For Kendon price it might be worth ponying up a little more and getting an Aluma MC10

I am looking lightweight to pull behind a 3.0 TDI Q5 and not have to hook-up a brake controller (1650# limit)

I’ve never compared Kendon to Alpha, but I’ve done my own cost/benefit of the Kendon/Aluma. Unless I got a screaming deal for a Kendon, I’d personally opt for the Aluma. This is mainly because it would do better being parked outside and just seems a little heavier duty. Like you, I’ve been casually looking for something lighter weight than the 1200lb utility trailer I currently use.

I loved my single rail Kendon. Pick one up used, never pay full retail because you can get it for about half the cost still in excellent condition. I sold my single rail and went double. It's heavier and taller so it's not as easy to move around and to store. If you find a deal I'd jump on a used single rail Kendon any day.

2014-03-08%2009.04.36-XL.jpg

20160625_180647_HDR_zps7scdzvhy.jpg

Back