• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sirius XM Phone App?

voyagerrider

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Last Name
Johnston
Anyone using the Sirius XM phone app to listen to satellite radio as they ride? I have listened to music I have on my iPhone using my Sena EVO 20S in my helmet. I didn't know they had a app Sirius XM anyone using it? How well does it work?

I use it all the time. Works great, as long as there’s cellular service, or WiFi.

I recently got the app too. So far it works great for me. My biggest complaint before was that it was not cheap and I could only use it in one vehicle. I thought about letting it go next spring when it was time to reup but I'm sure I'll keep it now that I can use it anytime (There's cell service or WiFi).

Same. I used it this weekend in my non sirius equipped truck thru the auxiliary plug. Worked well, no searching for a new station as the old one goes out of range. I was on major highways so I had constant cell service.

Does it consume a lot of your monthly bandwidth allocation on the phone plan?

Based on the information I have gotten here, I have signed up for it! We will see how well it works and how it effects my data? Thanks for all the inputs!

per my phone I used 0.23 GB on Sirius in July. Most of that would have been saturday....probably 4 hours total.

Works great and allows you to listen to other channels that are not on their numbered channels. I usually channel swap between 25, 26, 7 and 32 with a mix of the no numbered channel that has a mix of 90's rock and rap. Great stuff!

I recently got the app too. So far it works great for me. My biggest complaint before was that it was not cheap and I could only use it in one vehicle. I thought about letting it go next spring when it was time to reup but I'm sure I'll keep it now that I can use it anytime (There's cell service or WiFi).
How much is it?

Well Rob, I don't remember. It's not cheap, seems like $165 a year territory but I am on auto renewal. Remember, I said I was thinking about getting rid of it until the app came out.

When I bought my vehicle back in 2012 it came with free satellite radio for a few months. Like the drug dealer down the street where the first hit is free I was hooked. I don't have the patience for commercial radio and their commercials or like when you're away from home and trying to find "your" channel out in the sticks. I especially like listening to the 60's channel and Herman's Hermits at midday (lead singer Peter Noone :rofl:) and the app has additional channels (I think) that I wasn't getting in the car.

My car is now 8 years old and has less than 75,000 miles, so you see I'm not in it all that much and I thought I wasn't getting much value from the satellite radio in just the one vehicle anymore. Now with the app, I can use it anywhere I go in/on any vehicle. With that said, Amazon Prime music comes with Amazon Prime of course and can provide a lot of entertainment at no extra charge with your Prime account. So, I still don't have any rhythm but I got music. :loco:

You can get 12 months for $60+fees, about $75/yr total if I remember. It will auto-renew at a much higher price , so set a reminder to cancel. When you call to cancel you can (so far) work them back down to the $60yr rate. They recently included the streaming feature to this plan at no additional charge. Be interesting to see if that changes their renewal negotiating policy.

https://www.siriusxm.com/homepage?s...64665578&adobe_mc_ref=https://www.google.com/

Yeah. About 5 bucks a month. Better variety to me than pandora without repetitive music. I have been considering putting an android head unit in my truck and then ditching the xm sat radio app and keeping just the internet streaming version and then just have the head unit piggy back off the hotspot in my iPhone

I have XM in the car age this month they added free XM on my phone. When it came time to renew last year they started at $149. I told them to take a hike and they eventually reduced it to $60 per year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back