• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sis Just Opened a Restaurant (shameless plug)

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Tami's Barn and Grill, Centerville, Texas

Hi all,
My favorite (only) sister just took over a restaurant in Centerville. It's about 10 minutes east on Hwy 7 from I-45. The place is called "Tami's Barn and Grill". All I can say is she knows how to cook! :eat: The parking lot is hard packed sand and they are going to have plywood scraps around there for the kickstands. They close early most days (3pm), but do stay open later Fridays and Saturdays as those are big nights for them. I'll post again when she does her 'Official' grand opening. :rider:

NOTE: SEE UPDATE BELOW

Last edited:
If you can post a menu, that would give an idea of what the new place will specialize in.

But the important question is - does she have pie? :mrgreen:

Tim, post up when you are ready to make a run up from Houston.:rider:

Tim, would your sister's restaurant be on the SW corner of Hwy 7 and FM 811? Somebody else was operating a restaurant/general store/gas station at that location a while back, but I believe they closed it down.

In any case, it'll be nice having a place to stop and get a meal in that area again. There are some pretty good roads around there.

Last edited:
scratch said:
Tim, would your sister's restaurant be on the SW corner of Hwy 7 and FM 811? Somebody else was operating a restaurant/general store/gas station at that location a while back, but I believe they closed it down.

In any case, it'll be nice having a place to stop and get a meal in that area again. There are some pretty good roads around there.

This one doesn't have gas. You may be thinking of Pioneer Mart. She was a cook there for awhile but it didn't work out ... not because of her cooking. ;-) Everyone knows her around there as a great cook and asset to any kitchen, I'm glad she's got her own gig.

Fridays and Saturdays they do fish, shrimp, and oysters. Sometimes they do steak nights, standard country vittles. The menu is still in works, but I know my Sis can cook a mean pie.
(She say's: Got chocolate right now, coconut later this week. All hand made with hand made crust.)

A good night for her is 60-70 plates, she did over 90 plates last night!

Call her to see what's on the menu or for directions.
"Tami's Barn and Grill" 903-536-4562 (Hwy 7, 1/4 mile west of 1511)

P.S. I know I'm plugging my sister's restaurant, but it's worth it.

"Tim, post up when you are ready to make a run up from Houston."

As for when I'm up there next? I'm leaving today for a weeks vacation... on the bike!! (yeah baby!!) We go to SA today, riding 3 Sisters tomorrow then heading to Austin for LCR. Then Monday, the wife heads back and I hit the road in any direction I want. :rider: I'll be on my '04 Green Z1000 with a bunch of crap strapped to the back, wife on her FJR1300. You'll know it's me 'cause I suffer from red-helmet-green-bike Syndrome. :rofl: I'm going to Centerville sometime this week but I don't know which day(s). (I can't believe I have no agenda, it's weird. I do almost everything by a schedule) Last time I was at 3 sisters we got to watch our friends crash (caught on video :eek2: ) and spent the rest of the ride in the hospital, so we'll be taking it easy on 337. The rest of the time we ride briskly. If you see us and want to tag along, or hang out on the riverwalk tonight, 281-787-0128. We should be at Dicks' tonight, depending on availability.

Later,
Tim

Greenzee said:
"Tami's Barn and Grill" 903-536-4562 (Hwy 7, 1/4 mile west of 1511)
O.K., now I know where it's at. :thumb:

I hope to have lunch there on april 3rd, drove by the other day and looks like a good place for a great meal. :)

JacknTexas said:
I hope to have lunch there on april 3rd, drove by the other day and looks like a good place for a great meal. :)

The place is young and she's still struggling alittle, but it's got character and she is a fantastic cook. I hope the business picks up for her.

Just got back from delivering 100 lbs of fresh shrimp. They will be deheading/ deveining for a few days. :eek2: But it's fresh! I had the #2, Shrimp, catfish, fries, gumbo or salad (I had the gumbo), & hushpuppies. :eat: My Sis can cook! :zen:

Tell her to advertise pie, get on the Pie Run Rotation and we'll make her famous. Well notorious at the very least. :-P

Hey,
If you two are going to show up for lunch tomorrow,(and time) let me know and I'll show up too. Jack??????

What's the best pie there (someone did say she serves pie right?:eat:

You have a phone # for her spot? Thanks

Plug away - I've never done a 500 mile run just to get a McFlurry...now pie at a hole-in-the-wall, let me top off the tank and we'll go :eat: :lol2:

IIRC, she is working on setting up a pie connection or will start making her own. If she makes pie like she did my shimp, it will be wonderful. :eat: She had a line on a lady near the place that does pies, but hadn't made the connection yet. Go eat anyway. Good stuff.

There's just something weird about seeing a picture of my Sis in a website. :lol2: She makes great pies when she has the time. If you call her a day or two in advance she can have 'em ready I'm sure. Now if you can get her to do the chocolate, chess (sp?), or cheescake you are in for a treat. And don't forget to tell her where you heard about her place. (her favorite brother) :sun: :eat: :mrgreen:

There's just something weird about seeing a picture of my Sis in a website. :lol2: She makes great pies when she has the time. If you call her a day or two in advance she can have 'em ready I'm sure. Now if you can get her to do the chocolate, chess (sp?), or cheescake you are in for a treat. And don't forget to tell her where you heard about her place. (her favorite brother) :sun: :eat: :mrgreen:

Well if she can come up with enough pies with sufficient advance notice, why don't you see about getting her subbed into the Pie Run schedule.

-

If you'll tell me what she's best at (cooking that is - we'll assume she's a loyal and worshipful sister that always did your bidding when y'all were kids :lol2: ), I'm putting together a list of out-of-the-way spots where the food is really good...would like to include her in that list...sort of like the pie run list but a little more widely dissiminated :eat:

If you'll tell me what she's best at (cooking that is - we'll assume she's a loyal and worshipful sister that always did your bidding when y'all were kids :lol2: ), I'm putting together a list of out-of-the-way spots where the food is really good...would like to include her in that list...sort of like the pie run list but a little more widely dissiminated :eat:

The shimp I had was wonderful. There's a start. Ed had the chicken strip plate and he said that was the most chicken he'd ever gotten on a plate like that. Cream gravy included but I will not say what Ed did to his gravy...weird stuff:eek2:

I was just on the phone with her earlier. It sounds like there's a lady in town that makes some exotic tasty pies, and she is thinking about serving them in her place. That would free her up for shrimp and chicken, etc. I'm going to give her a link to this place so she can just tell ya.

Re: Sis Just Opened a Restaurant (shameless plug) NOTE: SEE UPDATE

UPDATE:

Well folks, I have some unfortunate news. My Sis no longer operates the restaurant. :storm: She was unable to maintain the needed customer base to operate that far out of town nor could she get the financial backing to make a solid run with it so 'Tami's Barn and Grill' is temporarily closed. I hear that the Gent that owns the property sold the place. Don't fret however, she is looking at some other places to hang her shingle, maybe closer to civilization. I will keep you posted. :eat:

Back