• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sis Just Opened a Restaurant (shameless plug)

I had ridden past there yesterday and noticed the sign was down. I hope great things are in store for her, she has a talent for cooking and a great personality.

Re: Sis Just Opened a Restaurant (shameless plug) NOTE: SEE UPDATE

UPDATE:

Well folks, I have some unfortunate news. My Sis no longer operates the restaurant. :storm: She was unable to maintain the needed customer base to operate that far out of town nor could she get the financial backing to make a solid run with it so 'Tami's Barn and Grill' is temporarily closed. I hear that the Gent that owns the property sold the place. Don't fret however, she is looking at some other places to hang her shingle, maybe closer to civilization. I will keep you posted. :eat:

My mom has a restaurant way out of town as well and the thing that made her successful is owning the place with no debt, being able to operate on a low budget (less personnel is betteer!) and be able to schedule groups well. She's been up and running for four years now.

I hope your sis finds a new place soon. I've heard of several people who rent and are unable to pay the high rent and personnel; it gets really tough when business fluctuates as it does outside of town. It is hard no matter where you are because rent rises with higher traffic area as well. Tell her Good Luck!

Thanks to all! I'll pass it along. It's a shame because she was just starting to get a fan base. She was doing daily updates on a radio station in Madisonville for her steam table and she was going to be logging in here for updates as well. She was going to try and get the old Pioneer Mart too, but was unable to reach an agreement with the owners. I guess we'll keep looking around up there for a place.

Back