• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

Skip Hunt Photography

Reaction score
Been trying to find just the right level of travel dispatches that gives back for support, has surprises, and doesn't clutter your already crowded information stream. Thanks to one of my Facebook friends (Thanks Reb!) mentioning the word "postcards", I got this idea that I think might just be the ticket! Click the link below for more information on this groovy new vicarious-travel-dispatch thingy I've launched!

Tried to put this in the Vendor forum but don't have permission. Figured I'd mention it since a few here have dug my travel stuff and have participated in my various attempts to subsidize my adventures. :)

http://skiphuntphoto.com/virtual-travel-companions/travel-along-virtually-surprise-postcards

Re: Trying a new travel subsidy postcard thing

Your choice for your add looks vaguely familiar. ;-)

IMG_11911023_zpsedb0e485.jpg

Hey, some of the cars are missing in yours! :)

It's not an ad though. I tested the service to check print quality & delivery time, so I used it as a sample. :)

That's an odd town. Seems it'd be an interesting place to hole up & write some fiction.

Hey Desert, even more off-topic... but didn't you used to live in Port Lavaca? If so, I passed through there a few weeks ago on a shake-down camping trip for my new bike. Also passed through Palacios and thought it had an odd feeling. Are you familiar with the town? Anyreason it'd have sort of an odd vibe about it? Was thinking it'd be a good place to write for a couple weeks at some point.

I was a deputy sheriff in Matagorda County which includes Palacios in the late 80s and early 90s. Married a girl form there and lived there about a year. Has a lot of history, it's been blasted by hurricanes, had a WWII base there that laid abandoned for a long time, and in addition to every one else there has a sizable Vietnamese population. There is a pretty old hotel still open close to a bay front.

Interesting little town.

Naw Skip, lived here in Santa Fe for the last ~35 years. Before that, Florida, NC and Ohio.

Ben through there a couple times though. Nothing struck me as odd about the place, but then I do live in Santa Fe...

Someone here is from Port Lavaca I think.. but doesn't matter. The feeling I got was a good "odd" feeling. Meaning, on the outside it looked like any other small Texas town... but passing through I found myself wanting to linger for some unknown reason. Could have been the colorful church camp buildings, or the fact it was fairly open and minimal looking... resting peacefully by the sea.

Might just have to go back and see if the feeling was just a fluke.

Thanks for the info NX2000 and Desert :)

Isn't Jack G from Port Lavaca?

Back