• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Slacker breakfast ride friday 4/26

Reaction score
How about the smokestack in Thurber for breakfast.
10:15ish

Meet at bluff dale Valero 9:00, ksu 9:15

You know that, technically, that is north of I-20. And, in the "brunchy" time of day. I might try to meet up. :rider:

I'm a fair-weather slacker.

You know, I think we don't qualify as slackers since we are retired. I hope to have the Gixxer ready for this one. Should be fun.

I think the "fair-weather" part maintains our status.

Gixxer is ready, hopefully so am I.

I dunno ... I watched you get on and off a couple times.

Consider that Goldwing OLDtlsdoug
It has a reverse

Last edited:
Sonora is a long way from Thurber... Out
85196307bb0c3a7ee679fc85f3759740.jpg

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

I dunno ... I watched you get on and off a couple times. Consider that Goldwing OLDtlsdoug It has a reverse

I am telling you what man, I was having some issues with my left hip. While I was moving or while I was stopped it was good, when I would drop my right leg I would get some serious left hip pain. Getting old ain't for sissies. I believe the Gixxer may sit home tomorrow, we shall see.

Out as I'm in tire saving mode for a trip to Laramie, Wyoming in a few weeks to see some Big Boy steam train spotting.

Had a great ride today. Lots of nice twisty roads, enjoyed the breakfast/brunch at the Smokestack. Mitch and I may or may not have made a high speed run and of course, there were wheelies. Did I mention I rode the FZ1? Well I did. Hip still hurts.

A side note, my buddy Tye Purdue who used to own my Gixxer (and was pretty quick on it at the track) stopped byat the Valero in Bluff Dale. Luckily Mitch was there to tell him about all the stories I told about him, he still loves me all is well.

Great ride Mary! Woo Hoo! Had fun.

I did remember how to ride! Thanks for getting me away from the ranch for a day. I enjoyed seeing everybody and visiting a little. I know Travis needed to slack a little bit, and I think he had a good time (at least when he was riding the Tenere)šŸ˜

Had I known it was a high speed run, I would have given it full throttle.
You, sir, are a bad influence.

Enjoyed the ride and the fun.

James, Paul and travis accompanied me to a potential property purchase location.
The house needs to be leveled and I can picture a 30x60 barndominium in its place

Had I known it was a high speed run, I would have given it full throttle. You, sir, are a bad influence.
I think we kept it below 125. Don't want to be known as a hooligan.

Well I was running up on that big white scooter so fast I had to brake hard to stay even. But I know you were trying....hee hee.

I never saw anything like 135, surely it was an error.

Back