• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Slacker Thursday, 1/17, the cafe in Graford.

First Name
Greg
Last Name
Hall
Consulting my Magic 8-Ball returned the reply "Cannot predict now". Will let you know duchess when it gives me a more definitive answer.

OldTLSDoug

Living the Dream.
Forum Supporter
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Basinger
Looks like it will be bearable riding weather, so I plan to see you there. Just deciding how loud I want to be on the ride.

OldTLSDoug

Living the Dream.
Forum Supporter
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Basinger
I guess I need to ride the DR-Z400SM and stay right in front of Ron all day. That'll show him, bring earplugs.

20180214_182610.jpg

V-lust

Forum Supporter
Since this is north of I20 I suspect Granmaw and I will be there. I have been told their chicken fried steak is on par with Mary’s in Strawn. I find that claim a little hard to believe but am willing to sacrifice my diet to find out.

OldTLSDoug

Living the Dream.
Forum Supporter
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Basinger
Lol. I'll probably be on the GSXS. Better bring the FZ if you want a chance to stay in front :-)
We've seen you ride. Shouldn't be hard. :drums:
I would have to go with Mitch on this one, maybe I should bring the DR-Z70 to even it all up? But seriously, I could show you how to wheelie and stoppie that thing. I would like to see how the fizzer keeps up or not with the GSXS. Or, I could put all the lights back on the Gixxer and make it interesting. But, that would be way, way too much work for me.

So, to sum up, nice one Ron, well played good form to Mitch. Hee Hee.

I am pretty comfortable on the FZ when there is air in the front tire.

OldTLSDoug

Living the Dream.
Forum Supporter
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Basinger
He has offered to buy the water. Loves to share photos. Always seems well groomed. I think that sums it all up.

OldTLSDoug

Living the Dream.
Forum Supporter
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Basinger
Hey Mary, Mitch and I are leaving from Granbury, not going to Bluffdale. See you up there.

OldTLSDoug

Living the Dream.
Forum Supporter
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Basinger
Pansies. Now I can take gravel to lipan
You know the FZ1 has seen more than it's fair share of gravel out riding these days. I was thinking it might be 5°F warmer if I left an hour later from my house than if I went to B-Dale first. So, I guess I am being a bit of a pansie. Not like I learned it in the Navy or something...just saying.

V-lust

Forum Supporter
Well that was fun! Thanks for getting us together Mary. We went north on fm4 to fm2210. Sometime after we got on 2210 Debra caught a bird on her face shield. Must have been pretty traumatic as she has been napping since we got home. The chicken fry was pretty good but not on par with Mary’s in Strawn.

mitchntx

Follower of Rev. Doug
Someone post a pic of that daggum burger I ordered.
Holy cow that was a monster ...

First Name
Rod
Last Name
Powers
Jus rolled in at 6pm....with a short BBQ stop in Clifton... About 325on the ticker today. Thanx for the mini tour after lunch Aaron.
& Paul...I meant ta ask how that big ol CFS was.... well ..at least it looked impressive.
Wonder how Mac's pork chops were.

And...speakin of MacDaddy... He was ever the responsible cop this afternoon on FM1188 between Morgan Mill & 108 when a young lady came past us in a curve & lost it...runnin her PT Schmoozer off the road into the weeds. We turned back & Steve stayed with her till the EMT got there.. while I played traffic watch up the curve a bit. At least she was ok...prob a bit wigged out...but ok
Its a good thing ta hav Mac along for the ride

Last edited: