• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Slacker Thursday 12/5 (finally)

Reaction score
Meetup at bluff dale Valero 9:45, KSU 10:00

OR meet at cranfills gap horney toad at 12:00 noon.

There will be gravel involved on way down and it’s not too dusty right now. 🤠

Aarrgh I've got an appointment that day which means no Toad tater tots for me. Next time.

Got a couple irons in the fire but a Slacker Ride usually trumps most everything else!
If I can make it, I'll meet at the Valero.
Thanks putting another ride together...

I'm a maybe. Proly take the short route to the Gap and meet up at the Toad.

Sorry gang, I am out due to emergent issues. Catch the next one. Enjoy the ride.

I'm in. Running a little late this morning though so I'll just head to the Toad for an arrival by noon. Since Zephyr's coming I'll ride the Xmax down. Zephyr's expressed some interest in one a little while back.

Thanks MacDaddy, all forms of two wheeled transportation fascinate me. Scooters offer convenience, comfort, gas mileage and quick usability. Your Xmax is a worthy machine. I no longer even slightly consider the need for a blistering fast ride. The buck that almost t-boned me a couple of weeks ago changed my priorities to survival :).

Great ride today.
Thanks for gathering the troops Mary.
The tater tots were worth it!

Attachments

• 44CFD46F-60A1-447A-9955-A0B69AFAE7CA.jpeg
    44CFD46F-60A1-447A-9955-A0B69AFAE7CA.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 172
MacDaddy let me ride his scooter quite a few twisty miles. I enjoyed everyone of them, hit an indicated 80 fairly easily, smooth, comfortable ride, handled well in the corners, and has good wind protection. Riding home I was trying to think of the reason I didn't buy one when I was looking. I think I was worried about the suspension travel on my gravel road but not sure. I found one in Midland but they didn't seem to interested in selling it and Midland is up the road some. It could have been partly my ego. It could of been the little Ninja's horsepower made the difference. But the real reason is that the Kawasaki salesman let me test ride it all over San Angelo, unattended for a half hour. He hooked me before I knew what was happening. But the Xmax is far superior commuting machine and cheaper to buy compared to the little Ninja. The underseat storage is outstanding. The little Ninja has none nor is it designed to handle luggage. The sitting upright position gave me a different perspective compared to my usual, leaned over stance. There's a lot to be said for scooters, especially one with enough power to cruise at seventy but still somewhat light and getting great gas mileage. I did try to pull in the clutch lever when slowing down, but only once. I was surprised by my sudden stop. The left hand lever isn't the clutch, it's the brake.

Drove a few more uncharted roads back to Whitney and saw some beautiful country near Gatesville

MacDaddy let me ride his scooter quite a few twisty miles. I enjoyed everyone of them, hit an indicated 80 fairly easily, smooth, comfortable ride, handled well in the corners, and has good wind protection. Riding home I was trying to think of the reason I didn't buy one when I was looking. I think I was worried about the suspension travel on my gravel road but not sure. I found one in Midland but they didn't seem to interested in selling it and Midland is up the road some. It could have been partly my ego. It could of been the little Ninja's horsepower made the difference. But the real reason is that the Kawasaki salesman let me test ride it all over San Angelo, unattended for a half hour. He hooked me before I knew what was happening. But the Xmax is far superior commuting machine and cheaper to buy compared to the little Ninja. The underseat storage is outstanding. The little Ninja has none nor is it designed to handle luggage. The sitting upright position gave me a different perspective compared to my usual, leaned over stance. There's a lot to be said for scooters, especially one with enough power to cruise at seventy but still somewhat light and getting great gas mileage. I did try to pull in the clutch lever when slowing down, but only once. I was surprised by my sudden stop. The left hand lever isn't the clutch, it's the brake.
Back in the mid-eighties I was riding in eastern Nevada coming back from a trip to the Lake Louise when I passed a bike coming from the other direction. It was a Honda Hilux I don't remember who was more surprised me or the other guy, I was riding my Norton and both of us were in the middle of nowhere. Odd how things like that stick in your mind.

Well... sorry I missed this one. Had family in town for our (early) Christmas get together.
Maybe I can make the next one.
SS

Back