• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: Slacker Tuesday, 9/27

Maybe. I have it blocked out on the work calendar but you never can tell. I hope to be "in" as we get closer to the 27th.

MacDaddy, you let me ride your XMax and your friend's Honda scooter, so I will ride my Bandit to this slacker's ride. You're welcome to ride it.

For me, the Bandit is a dangerous, flawed machine. I'm 75. My decaying motorcycle skills, not always thinking quickly or correctly, lack of maturity when lots of torque and horsepower are so easily summoned with a twist of my wrist...the rush when I briefly open it up... I didn't have this problem ten years ago. Recently, I exited my church's parking lot and made a left turn into a four lane road. I open it up enough so that I thought I would beat the oncoming traffic. As I merged into the right hand lane, I felt my foot being brushed by a car passing me in the right hand lane. OOPS! All my fault and I was lucky.

A while back I was enjoying a relaxed ride on two lane local road. A pickup came up in my lane fast, swerved left to miss me, and started disappearing rapidly. I quickly clocked him at a hundred and taunted him to go faster. Suddenly, I realized we were about to enter a dogleg curve and was way over my head at a hundred. I braked hard, prayed it through at 85, and then followed him at a hundred until I came to my turnoff. The Bandit brings out my child, but I'm not on a tricycle.

I should sell it.

MacDaddy, you let me ride your XMax and your friend's Honda scooter, so I will ride my Bandit to this slacker's ride. You're welcome to ride it.

For me, the Bandit is a dangerous, flawed machine. I'm 75. My decaying motorcycle skills, not always thinking quickly or correctly, lack of maturity when lots of torque and horsepower are so easily summoned with a twist of my wrist...the rush when I briefly open it up... I didn't have this problem ten years ago. Recently, I exited my church's parking lot and made a left turn into a four lane road. I open it up enough so that I thought I would beat the oncoming traffic. As I merged into the right hand lane, I felt my foot being brushed by a car passing me in the right hand lane. OOPS! All my fault and I was lucky.

A while back I was enjoying a relaxed ride on two lane local road. A pickup came up in my lane fast, swerved left to miss me, and started disappearing rapidly. I quickly clocked him at a hundred and taunted him to go faster. Suddenly, I realized we were about to enter a dogleg curve and was way over my head at a hundred. I braked hard, prayed it through at 85, and then followed him at a hundred until I came to my turnoff. The Bandit brings out my child, but I'm not on a tricycle.

I should sell it.
I love going 100 to overtake. It keeps folks from trying to speed up and preventing.

Oh....I'll b hedded north allright....but blowin rite on by the Cactus

Matter o fact...I'll be leavin all the cactus behind....

I have this for a few days...

Then I might come back

Mary, my Bandit is squirrely in gravel. If you're planning on unpaved roads, I'll meet ya'll at the Cactus Grill.

My right fifth lateral Tarsal has been broken twice when I dropped my Bandit on my right foot. I hate walking around in a boot for two months. A third time I managed to get that foot out of the way. It likes to lean at speed, that's good. It's a sporty bike. Going slowly on my gravel road it's hunting around looking for the thickest gravel. Tim, I have no doubt that you could ride it well in loose gravel.

My Ninja and BMW have more neutral handling and I feel more confident riding them on my ball bearing gravel roads.

My right fifth lateral Tarsal has been broken twice when I dropped my Bandit on my right foot. I hate walking around in a boot for two months. A third time I managed to get that foot out of the way. It likes to lean at speed, that's good. It's a sporty bike. Going slowly on my gravel road it's hunting around looking for the thickest gravel. Tim, I have no doubt that you could ride it well in loose gravel.

My Ninja and BMW have more neutral handling and I feel more confident riding them on my ball bearing gravel roads.
Ya a good set of knobbies would not make it a dirt bike and would ruin its road character.
Looks like we have a couple places to look at in northern Arkansas so unless they sell befor Sunday im out for this ride.

Back