• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Slacker's Ride Wednesday Dec 1st

Reaction score
First Name
David
The weather forecast is amazing so it's time for more slackage now. You know what they say? "Make slack when the sun shines and the wind is calm..." Well that is happening this week and you'll hate yourself in February when it is super cold that you didn't take advantage of the great weather.

@duchess is leading us to Hamilton to eat at Wenzel's Meat Market where it is "tater Wednesday" or something like that.

KSU at 10:00 am, be at the Buff Dale CC (aka the Valero) at 9:45

Was in but just remembered I have a meeting with the architect doing our upcoming home remodel. Have fun y'all.

From Wenzel's website:

GREAT TATER WEDNESDAYS!
Our smoked baked potato is topped with butter, chopped brisket, sauce, cheese, sour cream, green onions, and jalapenos.
Whole Tater - $10.49 each
Half Tater - $7.49 each

Was in but just remembered I have a meeting with the architect doing our upcoming home remodel. Have fun y'all.

From Wenzel's website:

GREAT TATER WEDNESDAYS!
Our smoked baked potato is topped with butter, chopped brisket, sauce, cheese, sour cream, green onions, and jalapenos.
Whole Tater - $10.49 each
Half Tater - $7.49 each
Reschedule! You can always meet with them when it is rainy. 🤪

Oh, BTW, they have more than baked potatoes at Wenzel’s. A full deli too. According to their website.

Alright, selection is made, yet another tire swap and BAM! Ready to Race, err ride.

Reary to ride.jpg

Well, I didn't get any group pics, but I got a picture of my lunch. Thanks Mary, was a great ride, lunch was awesome. We had 12 riders, met up with Rod and his buddy. I got almost 40 mpg on the ride down and about 22 mpg on the ride back. Hmmm. I think groups are good for mileage...must be a drafting thing....

I got almost 220 miles today, 160 miles yesterday, so it was a good week so far. Have to stay home tomorrow got some folks doing some tree work for us. Oh well.

Here is the Wednesday Special Tater, a full tater not that wimpy half tater most of them ate. And yes, I finished it all it was good. There is brisket in there under the cheese

IMG_7614.JPG

Well, I didn't get any group pics, but I got a picture of my lunch. Thanks Mary, was a great ride, lunch was awesome. We had 12 riders, met up with Rod and his buddy. I got almost 40 mpg on the ride down and about 22 mpg on the ride back. Hmmm. I think groups are good for mileage...must be a drafting thing....

I got almost 220 miles today, 160 miles yesterday, so it was a good week so far. Have to stay home tomorrow got some folks doing some tree work for us. Oh well.

Here is the Wednesday Special Tater, a full tater not that wimpy half tater most of them ate. And yes, I finished it all it was good. There is brisket in there under the cheese

View attachment 308557
Potato King Doug!

I thought heard Doug say, "I can't believe I ate the whole thing..."

Awesome day for a ride. Lunch was great and so was seeing some friends I haven't seen in a long time.

Great day ta b ridin.... We took FM932/1241 down to Ohio & crossed Cow House Creek on the gravel HCR434 then on down to 84 on a bit of paved goatpath. Coryell CR162/160/159..crossing on CR158 then a right turn on 157 to hed ta Bee House CR154 hittn FM1690 bac up to Pearl. From there...Plenty more paved goatpaths south of 84 hedded toward Goatsville....then across & Chick Town Rd into GV. Old Osage Rd CR274/272/265 never dissapoints then FM185 thru Crawford & home.....
Like I said...a great day for ridin

Back