• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Smart carb/Lectron carb

I don't have a smart carb, but reading the tuning guide it looks easy enough to adjust the low speed leaner with the clicker externally. I would cautiously lean it noting changes in performance and spark plug reading. I would start with the low speed tuning since you stated that you don't get to high RPM range very often.

Thank you. Yes, that’s my first plan, as soon as I can get some replacement spark plugs =)

Sounds like your running too rich as you said. I highly doubt any sponge would work back into the cylinder. I’m not familiar with the adjustment of that carb, but would try leaning it out. Is it possible the adjustment backed out from vibration?

Sounds like your running too rich as you said. I highly doubt any sponge would work back into the cylinder. I’m not familiar with the adjustment of that carb, but would try leaning it out. Is it possible the adjustment backed out from vibration?
Thanks again.,,,
I don’t think the adjustment could have backed out, as it requires the throttle to be wide open, then push a spring loaded knob to adjust the setting. The only thing that may have backed out would be the idle screw.

I have a similar issue with my 2016 250xc. It gurgles from closed to 1/8 throttle. The issue goes away when I shut the gas off and continue to ride the bike. So you would think I should just lower the float level which I will probably do again but it’s already very very low. I have also been considering trying the Lectron. One of the main issues with these bikes is the angle at which the carb sits.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    335.7 KB · Views: 134
Gaston, try switching back to the old carb. If that gives same symptoms, maybe your coil.

Last edited:
Rob, Carl is running the Lectron on his Husky 250 second bike he has had it on.

Yep they are out of Borene casting is done in South Texas at Valley Die Casting (old customer of mine) then shipped to Lectron so they can do all the needed machining on the bare castings and final assembly and testing. The folks that own it purchased the company from the origional owners of Lectron which was up in Waco for years. That man now is the manufacturer of the Smart Carb

Update, forgot to post after the fix.... Even though it was not listed by Technology Elevated (makers of the smart carb) as a “must do” for the KTM airbox, i removed some of the material in the boot to allow a cleaner opening into the top vent of the carb. This made the bike run better, but was still running a little bit rich. Ive since adjusted the clicker by two positions, and the bike is running like a top. Still get spooge, but I’m going to change the packing in the silencer this weekend and re-evaluate.

Do you let your bike idle? It can’t be treated like a 4 stroke. When you first start it up, you can’t let it set idling to warm up. It’s better to blip the throttle or do a little start and stop ride around the parking area to warm it up. There’s a video on YouTube explaining this. That should eliminate your spooge problem if it’s not running rich.

Do you let your bike idle? It can’t be treated like a 4 stroke. When you first start it up, you can’t let it set idling to warm up. It’s better to blip the throttle or do a little start and stop ride around the parking area to warm it up. There’s a video on YouTube explaining this. That should eliminate your spooge problem if it’s not running rich.
I don’t. I let it warm up for a couple of minutes, then start cycling the throttle to clean it out

I don’t. I let it warm up for a couple of minutes, then start cycling the throttle to clean it out
Do you lug the bike a lot or ride it on the pipe? What pre mix are you using?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Do you lug the bike a lot or ride it on the pipe? What pre mix are you using?

I don’t ride it hard enough.... That is definitely part of the issue. The pre-mix I use is the standard motored 2T, which has a fairly high flash point. I will start using one with a lower flash point.

I don’t ride it hard enough.... That is definitely part of the issue. The pre-mix I use is the standard motored 2T, which has a fairly high flash point. I will start using one with a lower flash point.
Ive had good luck with amsoil dominator. I ride high in the rpm, but recently worked sweep at a torcs race and idled around all day with hardly any splooge

There is no l in spooge. An A rider should know that. This is important!
As said in my previous post, I don't have that problem so I never had to learn to spell it:D

I have a fairly new( 30 hours of use) lectron h series I'd sell if anyone is interested.

I have a fairly new( 30 hours of use) lectron h series I'd sell if anyone is interested.

21 Beta 250 Race Edition.

Please indulge, I don't think I have seen this one (I'm sure you've probably posted it). Is this the 4 stroker you mentioned about getting?

21 Beta 250 Race Edition.

Please indulge, I don't think I have seen this one (I'm sure you've probably posted it). Is this the 4 stroker you mentioned about getting?
No. It's a 250 2 stroke. The race editions comes with better front forks and other random trinkets

Back