• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

smh10 and galaxy s9 text to voice

Reaction score
Trying to set up my phone to read incoming texts to me through my Sena SMH10. Phone is a galaxy s9 with service from Verizon. Honestly, I think it's the phone I need help with.

When riding I get an audio alert through the headset that I have a new text. Could be important, probably isn't. But with gloves on I can't find out without stopping, taking off a glove and opening the phone. I'm reasonably sure what I'm looking for is possible, I'm just too tech ignorant to figure it out. Help?

Can you call up Google Assistant through your headset?

"OK Google" - activates assistant
"Read last text" reads back last text received.
Google then says, "Would you like to respond?"

or if you want to send a fresh text
"Text <number or contact name>" Google responds, "What's the message?"
speak message slowly and loudly; sorta like an American tourist in China
Google responds, "Here's the message, blah blah blah. Do you want to send it, cancel it, or do something productive with your life?"

Least, that's how I do it through my truck bluetooth. Mayby SMH10 means you have to smack your head 10x before it'll read it back?

That got me closer. Now a voice tells me I have a new text.

That's better than what the other voices tell me.

That got me closer. Now a voice tells me I have a new text.

That's better than what the other voices tell me.
So if you say.
"Ok Google. "(Wait for bling)
Then say, "read last text", what happens?
Is Google Assistant enabled on your phone?

I use Tasker to read incoming messages to me automatically. When I get a text AND my phone is connected to the bluetooth for my bike, it reads the sender and the message, then replies to the sender that I'm on my bike and will reply later.

I started using Google assistant. It was on my phone, but I never had a need to use it. Google assistant would tell me i had a new message or no new messages, nothing more. I then had to change to a different SMS system that was also already on the phone, messages + or some such. With prompting, it will tell me the author and read it to me. It also asks if i want to respond. It all works in my living room, no real world experience yet.

Back