• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

So answer this

Splash

User's account inactive by request
Inactive Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Harkins
Why can’t I get either of my tracking devices to work all the dang time. I have some rides that the tracking is perfect, but I seem to get a bunch that are partial. What’s up with that?

Good question. If it was a lack of cell coverage issue they should stack them up and then send them when coverage starts again. The only time I've had similar issues is when I was riding deep canyons and the unit couldn't keep a lock on the satellites. Maybe the military was doing some GPS cyber warfare last night and killed your signal? Wouldn't be the first time that something like that happened, but they usually announce it well in advance when they do something "planned".

With you being out in the open like last night I just don't have a good answer. Maybe ask Jason on his Spotwalla forum?

It is so frustrating Brian. I set that one up to track the E2E separately from all my other tracks from earlier.

This may or may not be related, so take the info for what it's worth...

On some of my LD rides, I would temporarily shut off BubblerGPS when I was parked for the night. When I'd get ready to roll, I thought I was re-enabling Bubbler, but I wasn't.

Turned out that (still don't know the why just yet...) I had to actually reboot my phone to get it to work again. Now, when my phone reboots, I have it automagically launch Bubbler.

Back