• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

So... how did you find TWT?

I searched on Google for Scooter forums/messages, and followed the link... probably one of the most mature (non-bs) forum on motorcycles riders, and non of the my wheels is better than you, or you ride a scooter? AHAHA type of deal...

I like it more than most forums on the web I have visited.

Random goggeling for me, I was lookin for local people to ride with, without havin to wear a patch

I was asking for advice on getting more traffic to my Texas motorcycle forum from some folks on another site.......i was promptly told to give up on my own forum and visit TWTex.com.....:giveup:

How did I find TWT?

I found it filled with people that actually communicate with proper English.

I got here from a post on HSN that had a link to TWT.

Squeaky said:
Blame Chris T. (homermacleod). He's not around much anymore, but he and Scott (tourmeister) dragged me through 560+ miles of butt burning torture on an East Texas ride a few years back, and I've been hooked ever since!
I was there that day. That was a long day. I think I rode my SS1000 faster than we rode that day.

I don't remember how I got here. It seems like it was mentioned on ADVRider. But not really sure.

Squeaky

Forum Supporter
mrr1150gs said:
I was there that day. That was a long day. I think I rode my SS1000 faster than we rode that day.
...we met you at like 6am and rode up to Huntsville together. You loaned me your gloves! :clap:

I went to your personal web site reading up on a trip and your VFR. I came back to your web site several time over a 1 year period, then found TWT. I am a little slow :doh:

scratch

Inactive Member
StoneTriple said:
Altavista.
I also distinctly recall recruiting Phil back when we were both still slumming on the Cycle World forums. It appears I may have to work on him some more. ;-)

As for me, a personal invite from the TM himself, and on balance it's been a very positive experience. :thumb:

E.Marquez

Forum Supporter
A fellow DRZ owner, known to me from thumpertalk.com pointed me here when I moved to TX. On the chance I never thanked him..... Thanks Woodbutcher :clap:

It's been a fun place to hang my hat while I'm in TX.

Squeaky said:
Blame Chris T. (homermacleod). He's not around much anymore, but he and Scott (tourmeister) dragged me through 560+ miles of butt burning torture on an East Texas ride a few years back, and I've been hooked ever since!
Wearing my gloves.

Squeaky

Forum Supporter
mrr1150gs said:
Wearing my gloves.
Yup. You're a lifesaver for having them in your tank bag. I didn't know anything about riding back then other than "hold on and don't move around", so I wasn't prepared for the windchill factor. I figured I could just keep my hands in my pockets, but with a mesh jacket that wasn't going to cut it. I never even gave a second thought to the safety aspect of wearing gloves as a passenger.

Squeaky said:
Yup. You're a lifesaver for having them in your tank bag. I didn't know anything about riding back then other than "hold on and don't move around", so I wasn't prepared for the windchill factor. I figured I could just keep my hands in my pockets, but with a mesh jacket that wasn't going to cut it. I never even gave a second thought to the safety aspect of wearing gloves as a passenger.
Just to show you an example of my forgetfulness, I looked back through this thread and noticed we had this conversation before. What can I say? I guess what ever I want, because I will forget about it tomorrow.

Squeaky

Forum Supporter
mrr1150gs said:
...I looked back through this thread and noticed we had this conversation before...
Well, it's still a good reminder of my start into the wonderful world of motorcycles. Never a bad thing to bring to the front of the mind! :mrgreen:

Squeaky said:
Well, it's still a good reminder of my start into the wonderful world of motorcycles. Never a bad thing to bring to the front of the mind! :mrgreen:
Like the old cigarette ad said, "You've come a long way Baby!"

I really noticed that following you on the road between Frelsburg and Fayetteville.

Squeaky

Forum Supporter
mrr1150gs said:
I really noticed that following you on the road between Frelsburg and Fayetteville.
Come follow me around the track for a while! :rider:

txtinman

Forum Supporter
I was looking for BMW riders in the Waco area on the IBMWR site. A couple of people there pointed me here. I joined the list today. I hope I can meet up with some local riders. It really doesn't matter if they ride BMWs or not. there aren't that many here any way.

Squeaky

Forum Supporter
txtinman said:
...there aren't that many here any way.
That many BMWs near you or in TX? There are PLENTY of them on here to keep you amused & help out with tech info when/if you need it.

Welcome aboard, and hope to see you out there on the road! :rider:

Squeaky

Forum Supporter
mrr1150gs said:
I am sure I couldn't keep up with you.
BAH! The silver Strom looks fast, but I'm just about the slowest slowpoke out there - heck, even leeroy passed me last time! :lol2:

txbanditrydr said:
Terrebandit pointed the way over at the Maximum-Suzuki forum during a Texas thread.... been hooked ever since.
Wow - It's like a lineage.

TXBANDITRYDR told me about it on the BBS Bandit Forum, and here I am. Passing it on to as many that I know will enjoy it as possible.

txtinman

Forum Supporter
Squeaky said:
That many BMWs near you or in TX? There are PLENTY of them on here to keep you amused & help out with tech info when/if you need it.

Welcome aboard, and hope to see you out there on the road! :rider:
I meant there are few BMW riders here in Waco. I've seen a couple, but I've never been able to talk to them. There's lots of us Beemer riders in Texas and I've met up with a couple of guys on chromeheads.org. Thanks for the welcome. If you see a brown CLC pulling a Unigo, thats me.

ST/SV said:
rocketbunny introduced herself to me and my wife at the Luling BBQ ride last month and told me about this site. We both have ST's. :lol2:
:rolleyes:

I guess I'm never going to live down that joke, am I? Whatever, if it brought you here, it's a good thing, right?

Seeya round, fellow STer.

My buddies kept saying "don't you check the site".So instead of being left out or behind,here I am.Best site around far as I'm concerned;-)

mlinkibikr

Forum Supporter
Been a while but I found your other website - Backroad Motorcycle Tours and linked in from there.

I'd love to do a tour with y'all when you get back in that mode!

Dave.