• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

So... how did you find TWT?

Got talking with WCZimm while getting a haircut. Like a newbie for AMWAY he kept pumping up the site, so I felt compelled to go to a newcomers meeting. :rofl:

Just kidding Zimm. It was just two guys passing the time talking about their passion for bikes.

Last edited:
Ghost Rider said:
Got talking with WCZimm while getting a haircut. Like a newbie for AMWAY he kept pumping up the site, so I felt compelled to go to a newcomers meeting. :rofl:

Just kidding Zimm. It was just two guys passing the time talking about their passion for bikes.
:tab And he never mentioned PIE?

A random search engine hit looking for people to ride with who didn't own a harley and had really weird days off to coincide with my really weird days off.

I was at the tattoo parlor, and Scott was there getting his nipples pierced and showed me his backpack, told me if I washed his mini van he would make me a pledge........oh wait.......that's not it........I was researching Austrian Economics and came across one of Scott's essays on TWT.......nope not it either.....a friend of Scott's told me about it.

rfwjr said:
I am from Houston and currently looking for a new bike.

Thanks for the welcome.

Russ
lots of folks from the Houston area. They have meet and greets every once in awhile, stick your head in the upcoming trips section.

what kind of bike are you looking for?

Low

I actually found a business card (for who knows:confused:) at CycleGear on 45N and logged onto the site...it was a good find

tx-vfr said:
lots of folks from the Houston area. They have meet and greets every once in awhile, stick your head in the upcoming trips section.

what kind of bike are you looking for?

Well as of tonight I am done looking I just pulled my 04 VStrom 1000 into the garage.

I will be watching the forums, I get alot of good information here.

Thanks,

Russ

Squeaky

Forum Supporter
rfwjr said:
...I just pulled my 04 VStrom 1000 into the garage.
Another Russ on a Strom - what are the chances? Well, now at least I have a better chance of remembering your name!

Welcome aboard. Lots to do around here. You have to get away from Houston to get to the decent roads, but it's worth it.

rfwjr said:
Well as of tonight I am done looking I just pulled my 04 VStrom 1000 into the garage.

I will be watching the forums, I get alot of good information here.

Thanks,

Russ
those are nice bikes, just watch out for the other riders, they can be a bit, umm, "interesting" :lol2:

:duck:

Gilk51 said:
Congrats, Russ. Did you get it from anyone on here?

There were a couple here I was interested in but they went quickly. I found this one at Gulf Coast BMW it had 10,400 miles and had quite a few aftermarket or "farkles" I think is the term.

When I went to pick it up the sales person told me the old owner who was a long time customer had been in earlier and left his cell phone number for me. He still had the original seat and windscreen and I could have them if I wanted. He also had a Remus exhaust he would make me a deal on. Anyone have experience with the Remus on the Strom?

Russ

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
There have been many thousands of new users since this thread was last active... So let's here it. How did you find your way here?

Triumphter

Forum Supporter
Google, at least this time.

I have been reading stuff here for years. Later this year I am going to “mostly” live in Texas again. (My home) and I wanted to find riding groups and learn about adventure/dual sport.

I was googling something along the lines of “motorcycle forums Texas”. This was a result and I know this place. So now you have to put up with me as a member. :)

bwdmax

Forum Supporter
I was searching the internet for people who were dual sporting XR400Rs and came across a few post here. I lurked for a few months then finally joined.

South Tex

Forum Supporter
After 30+ years riding bikes as a commuter only, I heard or read something about adventure bikes. A short giggle search later about adventure roads in Texas and I found y’all. Bought my first (used) 2001 klr and started lurking the site.

mitchntx

Follower of Rev. Doug
Graubart turned me onto the site when I bought my first V-strom.

I see Bill from time to time ... he's doing well and living large.

jwrick

Let's Ride!
Forum Supporter
Was just getting into dual sport/dirt and TWT was high on the Google search results.

We were out looking at houses for sale , way north of Houston, and the guy who managed the ‘hood told us about TWT, cuz we were on our bikes. (Wow can’t believe I remembered that even tho I can’t remember the name of the area we were in...., years ago)

I’ve been visiting long enough that I have no clue how I found this place. I actually scrolled through the old replies to this thread hoping that I had already answered, but I hadn’t.

I found the forum with some search engine after Jeanne and I bought a Burgman 650 and FJR. We were riding somewhere south of Lake Somerville where we stopped to get some blue bonnet pictures. This ragtag biker bunch including Tourmeister and Bagwell rode up and stopped to chat. After an enthusiastic pitch by Scott, we were converts and started frequenting the forum and activities. That was 12 years ago. Time flies.

I found out about this place from a different forum (TexAgs). I posted I had just got a motorcycle over there and members responded with there own stuff and one person mentioned TWT.

Followed a link from ADVRider to the Lone Star Loop. I lurked for a month or two then joined up.

Windmill

Forum Supporter
Gravel Guy got me hooked after I bought a KLR650. Just visited with him this evening. Him and family are doing great.

cdc

Registered Lurker
Forum Supporter
I was searching guided tours.... found your site and by then, I think you stopped the tours!

V-lust

Forum Supporter
Don’t remember if it came up in Stromtroopers or a google search. But I did lurk for several months finally registering when a group was planning a ride on US 380 which was under construction and I thought they needed to be warned.

The mighty KLX250 (my first bike) brought me here for a pretty active thread on mods etc. where I met Alex4218 which led to riding the forest and meeting other members on here. Many good rides and good people later, this is still my go to site for friendly advice, rider and bike news and general moto related tomfoolery.
Bikedork, silverbullet, where yall at?

The mighty KLX250 (my first bike) brought me here for a pretty active thread on mods etc. where I met Alex4218 which led to riding the forest and meeting other members on here. Many good rides and good people later, this is still my go to site for friendly advice, rider and bike news and general moto related tomfoolery.
Bikedork, silverbullet, where yall at?
Bullet is being grumpy

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
I found the forum with some search engine after Jeanne and I bought a Burgman 650 and FJR. We were riding somewhere south of Lake Somerville where we stopped to get some blue bonnet pictures. This ragtag biker bunch including Tourmeister and Bagwell rode up and stopped to chat. After an enthusiastic pitch by Scott, we were converts and started frequenting the forum and activities. That was 12 years ago. Time flies.
I think that was the last time Beth went riding with me and was riding her own bike instead of two up with me! I believe it was Good Friday. She was riding Bagwell's Hawk 650.

IMG_0579.JPG

IMG_0591.JPG

IMG_0592.JPG

IMG_0593.JPG

IMG_0599.JPG

IMG_0604.JPG

That was a great day of riding...

I was searching guided tours.... found your site and by then, I think you stopped the tours!
Yeah, the tour biz was starting to gain momentum right as Beth got pregnant with Sarah. I did two more big week long tour trips (Colorado and North Carolina) after Sarah was born, but then it just got to be too much hassle. I wish I'd been able to get the tour thing going sooner so that I might have had a chance at making a living at it. I really do enjoy planning and leading rides like that. My dream was to do two full week long tours each month, so basically seven days on and seven days off. We would live out of a toy hauler and move to different locations so we'd not have to always worry about travel time on each end of the tours (which was always an issue basing out of Huntsville). We'd also move further North as it got hot here in the Summer, then come back South for the Winter. I thought it was a great plan. Beth thought I had lost my mind :shrug:

I found this forum right after I bought my first street bike. It was an 05 SV1000s and I was on an SV forum and I saw a few posts from a guy that lived in Sugar Land. I messaged him and we set up a small group ride and on the ride he told me about TWTex. I joined shortly after and have been sporadically posting, but reading a lot ever since. Thanks Jesse H for showing me the way.

Ocho

Forum Supporter
I don't remember if it was Google or someone mentioned it on ADVRider. I was planning to move to Texas and was looking for a place similar to the forum I used to frequent back in the Bay Area.

Pretty sure I found this from a link on ADV. I have been in Texas for a few yeas and had followed ADV for a few years and then saw a link to this forum. I don't post very much but follow it intently. Good place to hang out for ride information and friendly banter.

I was doing a web search for like-minded dual sport riders and voila’! Never looked back. Made some great friends, done many TWT rides and got great advice throughout the years.