• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

So... how did you find TWT?

Got talking with WCZimm while getting a haircut. Like a newbie for AMWAY he kept pumping up the site, so I felt compelled to go to a newcomers meeting. :rofl:

Just kidding Zimm. It was just two guys passing the time talking about their passion for bikes.

Last edited:
Ghost Rider said:
Got talking with WCZimm while getting a haircut. Like a newbie for AMWAY he kept pumping up the site, so I felt compelled to go to a newcomers meeting. :rofl:

Just kidding Zimm. It was just two guys passing the time talking about their passion for bikes.
:tab And he never mentioned PIE?

Poking around Advrider and saw a mention of TWT. This site has been a great resource.

rfwjr said:
Poking around Advrider and saw a mention of TWT. This site has been a great resource.
Welcome! :wave:

where ya from and what do you ride?

A random search engine hit looking for people to ride with who didn't own a harley and had really weird days off to coincide with my really weird days off.

I was at the tattoo parlor, and Scott was there getting his nipples pierced and showed me his backpack, told me if I washed his mini van he would make me a pledge........oh wait.......that's not it........I was researching Austrian Economics and came across one of Scott's essays on TWT.......nope not it either.....a friend of Scott's told me about it.

fallendown said:
a friend of Scott's told me about it.
Good that Jason is alive and well after being MIA for awhile. I was afraid that you would have to find the forum all over again... :-P

tx-vfr said:
Welcome! :wave:

where ya from and what do you ride?

I am from Houston and currently looking for a new bike.

Thanks for the welcome.

Russ

rfwjr said:
I am from Houston and currently looking for a new bike.

Thanks for the welcome.

Russ
lots of folks from the Houston area. They have meet and greets every once in awhile, stick your head in the upcoming trips section.

what kind of bike are you looking for?

I actually found a business card (for who knows:confused:) at CycleGear on 45N and logged onto the site...it was a good find

tx-vfr said:
lots of folks from the Houston area. They have meet and greets every once in awhile, stick your head in the upcoming trips section.

what kind of bike are you looking for?

Well as of tonight I am done looking I just pulled my 04 VStrom 1000 into the garage.

I will be watching the forums, I get alot of good information here.

Thanks,

Russ

rfwjr said:
Well as of tonight I am done looking I just pulled my 04 VStrom 1000 into the garage.
Resistance is futile
assimilate.gif

Just in case you don't know about these:

Stromtroopers
VSRI

strom.gif

rfwjr said:
...I just pulled my 04 VStrom 1000 into the garage.

Another Russ on a Strom - what are the chances? Well, now at least I have a better chance of remembering your name!

Welcome aboard. Lots to do around here. You have to get away from Houston to get to the decent roads, but it's worth it.

rfwjr said:

I will be watching the forums, I get alot of good information here.

Thanks,

Russ
those are nice bikes, just watch out for the other riders, they can be a bit, umm, "interesting" :lol2:

:duck:

rfwjr said:
Congrats, Russ. Did you get it from anyone on here?

Gilk51 said:
Congrats, Russ. Did you get it from anyone on here?

There were a couple here I was interested in but they went quickly. I found this one at Gulf Coast BMW it had 10,400 miles and had quite a few aftermarket or "farkles" I think is the term.

When I went to pick it up the sales person told me the old owner who was a long time customer had been in earlier and left his cell phone number for me. He still had the original seat and windscreen and I could have them if I wanted. He also had a Remus exhaust he would make me a deal on. Anyone have experience with the Remus on the Strom?

Russ

There have been many thousands of new users since this thread was last active... So let's here it. How did you find your way here?

Google, at least this time.

I have been reading stuff here for years. Later this year I am going to “mostly” live in Texas again. (My home) and I wanted to find riding groups and learn about adventure/dual sport.

I was googling something along the lines of “motorcycle forums Texas”. This was a result and I know this place. So now you have to put up with me as a member. :)

I was searching the internet for people who were dual sporting XR400Rs and came across a few post here. I lurked for a few months then finally joined.

After 30+ years riding bikes as a commuter only, I heard or read something about adventure bikes. A short giggle search later about adventure roads in Texas and I found y’all. Bought my first (used) 2001 klr and started lurking the site.

Graubart turned me onto the site when I bought my first V-strom.

I see Bill from time to time ... he's doing well and living large.

Back