• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

So... how did you find TWT?

Was just getting into dual sport/dirt and TWT was high on the Google search results.

We were out looking at houses for sale , way north of Houston, and the guy who managed the ‘hood told us about TWT, cuz we were on our bikes. (Wow can’t believe I remembered that even tho I can’t remember the name of the area we were in...., years ago)

I’ve been visiting long enough that I have no clue how I found this place. I actually scrolled through the old replies to this thread hoping that I had already answered, but I hadn’t.

Googling xr650l owners threads when I was bike shopping

Truth! I eat your mud every ride. But it’s fun chasing and learning !

I found the forum with some search engine after Jeanne and I bought a Burgman 650 and FJR. We were riding somewhere south of Lake Somerville where we stopped to get some blue bonnet pictures. This ragtag biker bunch including Tourmeister and Bagwell rode up and stopped to chat. After an enthusiastic pitch by Scott, we were converts and started frequenting the forum and activities. That was 12 years ago. Time flies.

I found out about this place from a different forum (TexAgs). I posted I had just got a motorcycle over there and members responded with there own stuff and one person mentioned TWT.

Followed a link from ADVRider to the Lone Star Loop. I lurked for a month or two then joined up.

Gravel Guy got me hooked after I bought a KLR650. Just visited with him this evening. Him and family are doing great.

I was searching guided tours.... found your site and by then, I think you stopped the tours!

Don’t remember if it came up in Stromtroopers or a google search. But I did lurk for several months finally registering when a group was planning a ride on US 380 which was under construction and I thought they needed to be warned.

The mighty KLX250 (my first bike) brought me here for a pretty active thread on mods etc. where I met Alex4218 which led to riding the forest and meeting other members on here. Many good rides and good people later, this is still my go to site for friendly advice, rider and bike news and general moto related tomfoolery.
Bikedork, silverbullet, where yall at?

The mighty KLX250 (my first bike) brought me here for a pretty active thread on mods etc. where I met Alex4218 which led to riding the forest and meeting other members on here. Many good rides and good people later, this is still my go to site for friendly advice, rider and bike news and general moto related tomfoolery.
Bikedork, silverbullet, where yall at?

Bullet is being grumpy

I found the forum with some search engine after Jeanne and I bought a Burgman 650 and FJR. We were riding somewhere south of Lake Somerville where we stopped to get some blue bonnet pictures. This ragtag biker bunch including Tourmeister and Bagwell rode up and stopped to chat. After an enthusiastic pitch by Scott, we were converts and started frequenting the forum and activities. That was 12 years ago. Time flies.

I think that was the last time Beth went riding with me and was riding her own bike instead of two up with me! I believe it was Good Friday. She was riding Bagwell's Hawk 650.

IMG_0579.JPG

IMG_0591.JPG

IMG_0592.JPG

IMG_0593.JPG

IMG_0599.JPG

IMG_0604.JPG

That was a great day of riding...

I was searching guided tours.... found your site and by then, I think you stopped the tours!

Yeah, the tour biz was starting to gain momentum right as Beth got pregnant with Sarah. I did two more big week long tour trips (Colorado and North Carolina) after Sarah was born, but then it just got to be too much hassle. I wish I'd been able to get the tour thing going sooner so that I might have had a chance at making a living at it. I really do enjoy planning and leading rides like that. My dream was to do two full week long tours each month, so basically seven days on and seven days off. We would live out of a toy hauler and move to different locations so we'd not have to always worry about travel time on each end of the tours (which was always an issue basing out of Huntsville). We'd also move further North as it got hot here in the Summer, then come back South for the Winter. I thought it was a great plan. Beth thought I had lost my mind :shrug:

I found this forum right after I bought my first street bike. It was an 05 SV1000s and I was on an SV forum and I saw a few posts from a guy that lived in Sugar Land. I messaged him and we set up a small group ride and on the ride he told me about TWTex. I joined shortly after and have been sporadically posting, but reading a lot ever since. Thanks Jesse H for showing me the way.

I don't remember if it was Google or someone mentioned it on ADVRider. I was planning to move to Texas and was looking for a place similar to the forum I used to frequent back in the Bay Area.

Pretty sure I found this from a link on ADV. I have been in Texas for a few yeas and had followed ADV for a few years and then saw a link to this forum. I don't post very much but follow it intently. Good place to hang out for ride information and friendly banter.

I was doing a web search for like-minded dual sport riders and voila’! Never looked back. Made some great friends, done many TWT rides and got great advice throughout the years.

Back