• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

So... how did you find TWT?

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab I am always curious how people found out about the site. I know a lot of folks know about it because I chased them down the road and pulled them over... :mrgreen: Some have found it with random Googling. What's your story?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really remember, it's been a while.;-) I think you where posting over on HSN and had the links to TWT and BRMT in your sig line.:rider:

Looking for tips, experienced riders and riding partners in the Houston area, I googled for motorcycle groups and found the TSBA. After lurking there for a while, I saw Cindy (Chatterbox) linking to or mentioning TWT and voila! Thank her! ;-)

Purchased a used Concours in May this year. :rider:

Found the COG site which linked to the TCAT22 forum on Yahoo.

There was a ride report by LOBO10S for a trip to Arkansas and his signature or blog sites linked to TWTEX.

It didn't take much "lurking" to see the decent camaraderie on this forum.
The M&Gs and Pie Runs are great fun too. :eat:

So, good, bad or indifferent, blame Jerry....... ;-)

Blame Chris T. (homermacleod). He's not around much anymore, but he and Scott (tourmeister) dragged me through 560+ miles of butt burning torture on an East Texas ride a few years back, and I've been hooked ever since!

I was treated badly at another site. So Wabbit introduced me to y'all.
And you folks had me at hello. :-(

I found this site through Tourmeister via Cycleforums.

I think I googled Texas and Motorcycle and this was one of the links. Tried several of them and liked this one the best.

I was camped out 8 hours a day (37 posts per hour) on the Astro & Modern Physics-based MetaPhysical Discussion and AMD Processor forum when someone PMed me with "why don't you go bother the folks on TWTex?"... ;-)

Actually, I saw a thread by Squeaky on StromTroopers and viola!, here I am... :roll:

I belonged to the BMWMOA and BMWRA for years and had a number of riding buddies with whom I went to lots of BMW rallies. So as not to offend anyone, let me say that it was years ago, but I visited a couple of the local BMW clubs (BMWDFW and one in Plano) and was less than impressed. For the most part they seemed like mutual admiration societies for RUBs and yuppie scum. A group of three of us went to three consecutive BMWDFW meetings before anybody even bothered to speak to us.

Well, over the years all but one of my riding buddies have drifted away from motorcycling and the one still riding moved away. In fact, the last BMW rally I went to was the Fredericksburg National in ’97. So after years of just riding alone, I started looking for some people to ride with. As I said before, the local BMW groups had left a bad taste in my mouth, so I just started looking around and stumbled across TWT. Even then, I was an infrequent lurker for months before I actually started taking part.

From another member on this board (Red Brown) through participation in monthly scooter rides with a group that he coordinates.

Court ordered sentence for stunting on Westheimer in T-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops while spewing foul language.:flip:

:duck:

That, and the advice of some members over at the YZF600R forum.

Google I think. When I started to get into bikes I found this site, a site called beginnerbiker.com (or something like that and has sinced closed down), and advrider.com .

I still lurk over on advrider for the ride reports and the twisted entertainment.

I was a lurker on the VFR list, and from what I can figure you must have mentioned there that you were starting this site. Sold the VFR, then started lurking here. I should have joined then, then I'd have the cool join date of Feb 2003.

Back