• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

So... how did you find TWT?

Met a kindly fellow who goes by "Gilk" on a <V-Strom only> ride, though I still ride an Intruder.

My recruiting efforts have slowed down tremendously in the last year or so and yet people keep coming. I was just curious what might be driving that?

For me, it has a lot to do with this:
Playground Rules - PLEASE READ! You will be held to this standard!
The Two Wheeled Texans goal:
It is our intent that Texas riders use this forum as a tool for meeting each other and developing the riding community. It is our belief that individual riders, and groups should take more care to present a positive and mature image of motorcyling to the nonriding community rather than the popular "in your face" attitude of many riders.
This is what is expected of you as a participant on this forum.
1. Civility. This is a non-negotiable..........

and the folks here who don't seem to mind having some constraints and restraint

The forum for my bike has a lot of good technical info, but also a lot of rants, bashing, etc, and my personal unfavorite the "flaming flip-off smilie."

I joined CycleForums when I met Squidward....got tired of the drama over there and so I only check on that place from time to time.

I needed a new moto-home.

I'm not a fan of the TSBA so I couldn't use their forums so I stumbled over this way with Squidward and now you are ALL stuck with me!

When I had the ZR-7S I tried to go to their forums, but I just wasn't feelin' it!

:lol2:

dustym828 said:
on a <V-Strom only> ride, though I still ride an Intruder.
Hmmm, we need to control these "only" rides more... :-P

and "kindly" makes me sound too old. :brainsnap

-------

I think the main draw from other forums is the geographical similarity - most all are in Texas, although they are still spread out. I visit the bike-specific forums for tech info (also find it here), but being able to actually meet people, like Dusty at a Strom-only ride :shrug: or a Tarrant County Meet&Greet :thumb: , gets my interest. :mrgreen:

i was stuck in Oklahoma(sucks). I hated all the crappy roads and missed Gods Country(Texas). When I moved back to Texas I went to one bike night and found everyone to be good people(not Okies).

Was on CycleForums for a while. I also got tired of the drama and the "Austin-Only" feel. Saw several people linked over here. Made the switch.

Another member, Scratch, told me about it! Glad he did. Hopefully I'll be able to slow down this thing called work and ride more, and meet more of the members.

Paul R.

Chased down by bearded guy on a blue VFR while crusing the Nat. forest looking at wild flowers.

I found TWT while surfing for dual-sport info. :thumb:

In my line of work I've taken care of a number of patients after surgery that was related to a motorcycle getoff. We eventually get around to talking about riding and I tell them about TWT, so while they recover they can check it out - it's the next best thing to riding! ;-)

I had a dream a premonition and the webb address just came to me in a Vulcan mind meld type thing.:zen:

groovyone said:
It is all Gilk's fault! He saw where I was from on Riderforums and pointed me this way.

Same here. I was on riderforums.com and Chuck mentioned twtex

txmedic and I hung out at maximum-suzuki.com. We both had bandits back then and we did a few rides together. Anyway, they pissed him off (can't remember the reason) so he came over here. He later told me about this place after being gone from maz-zuke a couple weeks. I dropped in in here one day for a visit and, low and behold, I saw he was a moderator????

He must have sucked up pretty good to get that position! :eek2:

Dave:lol2:

A fellow rider pointed me to this site. He's a former TSBA prez and knew a local website that stayed on the right side of the law. :rider:

I somehow found the TWT Yahoo group that preceded this bbs. I was googling for local ride info at the time I think. I signed up at the Yahoo group and recieved the weekly emails for a while and then a few months later, Scott announced the new bbs and an address for it and the rest is history....

I use to hang out on the Texas DS yahoo groups and Scott(Tourmeister) posted about a DS ride he was doing 4th of July weekend back in 2005. I came over to the TWT and lurked for a while then I finally joined up and started making some of the planned DS rides and occasionally would make it to Montgomery for bike night. Thanks Scott for running such a great site, I have met a ton of great people.

P.S. I love the spell checker for the posts. It wants to change Tourmeister to Trimester, and TWT to Twit:lol2: .

I'll tell if you promise not to let me hear you cacklin! :giveup:
I watched that Cheezy movie Brad Pitt was in, called Dark Side of the Sun, back in 2000.
I knew I had to have a KLR and had never heard of one before.
My DualSport history was 2 decades on an XT 500, first year addition.
I started studying the KLR to replace the Ole Thrashed XT and found the DSN KLR site, I think back in 2001 or so.
I think it was Dooden that told me about the Old Texas DualSport site and I met a bunch of great Texas riders on one of the first big Clayton rides in S.E. Oklahoma, I think back in 03-04.
Pat kicked us all out of the Texas DS group in February and I decided to try to find all you Texans again, Pat told us how.
Hope to see you at Clayton this year,:rider:
Rod

A friend of a friend told me about the first Hico Pie Run and I ran into Terrebandit there who also told me about the site.

I was at my first STOC even (CheapSTOC) in Junction last May, having breakfast with a guy (Dave, Cagiva 549) who was figuring out how to get off the paved roads. Told me about the roads around there, and twtex.com.

Dutchinterceptor told me about it a year or so ago, and after going to a couple of Pie Runs and a ETM&G I figured yall were worthy of my presence:rofl: :lol2:

Heard about it in the dualsport forum at texasoffroad.net from Rocketman.

I found it via a web search for Texas and motorcycles I believe. Been the most friendly forumn I have found on the web.

Back