• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

So... how did you find TWT?

I searched on Google for Scooter forums/messages, and followed the link... probably one of the most mature (non-bs) forum on motorcycles riders, and non of the my wheels is better than you, or you ride a scooter? AHAHA type of deal...

I like it more than most forums on the web I have visited.

Either through a search engine or another riding site.

Glad I found it.

Random goggeling for me, I was lookin for local people to ride with, without havin to wear a patch

I was asking for advice on getting more traffic to my Texas motorcycle forum from some folks on another site.......i was promptly told to give up on my own forum and visit TWTex.com.....:giveup:

How did I find TWT?

I found it filled with people that actually communicate with proper English.

I got here from a post on HSN that had a link to TWT.

I sent in 3 boxtops of Count Chocula and ....

OOPS, wrong story.

I guess I just surfed here and decided to stay.;-)

Squeaky said:
Blame Chris T. (homermacleod). He's not around much anymore, but he and Scott (tourmeister) dragged me through 560+ miles of butt burning torture on an East Texas ride a few years back, and I've been hooked ever since!

I was there that day. That was a long day. I think I rode my SS1000 faster than we rode that day.

I don't remember how I got here. It seems like it was mentioned on ADVRider. But not really sure.

mrr1150gs said:
I was there that day. That was a long day. I think I rode my SS1000 faster than we rode that day.

...we met you at like 6am and rode up to Huntsville together. You loaned me your gloves! :clap:

I went to your personal web site reading up on a trip and your VFR. I came back to your web site several time over a 1 year period, then found TWT. I am a little slow :doh:

StoneTriple said:
Altavista.
I also distinctly recall recruiting Phil back when we were both still slumming on the Cycle World forums. It appears I may have to work on him some more. ;-)

As for me, a personal invite from the TM himself, and on balance it's been a very positive experience. :thumb:

I do believe it was a google seach one night after buying the rebel and trying to get the seat off.

A fellow DRZ owner, known to me from thumpertalk.com pointed me here when I moved to TX. On the chance I never thanked him..... Thanks Woodbutcher :clap:

It's been a fun place to hang my hat while I'm in TX.

I was on one of the strom boards when Gilk51 directed me over here. Place has gone downhill ever since!:rofl:

I had just purchased the old dual sport and did a google search on dual sport riding in TX. This was the top link and the rest is history. Very glad to have found this place.

Squeaky said:
Blame Chris T. (homermacleod). He's not around much anymore, but he and Scott (tourmeister) dragged me through 560+ miles of butt burning torture on an East Texas ride a few years back, and I've been hooked ever since!
Wearing my gloves.

Back