• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

So... how did you find TWT?

mrr1150gs said:
Wearing my gloves.

Yup. You're a lifesaver for having them in your tank bag. I didn't know anything about riding back then other than "hold on and don't move around", so I wasn't prepared for the windchill factor. I figured I could just keep my hands in my pockets, but with a mesh jacket that wasn't going to cut it. I never even gave a second thought to the safety aspect of wearing gloves as a passenger.

Squeaky said:
Yup. You're a lifesaver for having them in your tank bag. I didn't know anything about riding back then other than "hold on and don't move around", so I wasn't prepared for the windchill factor. I figured I could just keep my hands in my pockets, but with a mesh jacket that wasn't going to cut it. I never even gave a second thought to the safety aspect of wearing gloves as a passenger.

Just to show you an example of my forgetfulness, I looked back through this thread and noticed we had this conversation before. What can I say? I guess what ever I want, because I will forget about it tomorrow.

mrr1150gs said:
...I looked back through this thread and noticed we had this conversation before...

Well, it's still a good reminder of my start into the wonderful world of motorcycles. Never a bad thing to bring to the front of the mind! :mrgreen:

Squeaky said:
Well, it's still a good reminder of my start into the wonderful world of motorcycles. Never a bad thing to bring to the front of the mind! :mrgreen:

Like the old cigarette ad said, "You've come a long way Baby!"

I really noticed that following you on the road between Frelsburg and Fayetteville.

mrr1150gs said:
I really noticed that following you on the road between Frelsburg and Fayetteville.

Come follow me around the track for a while! :rider:

I was looking for BMW riders in the Waco area on the IBMWR site. A couple of people there pointed me here. I joined the list today. I hope I can meet up with some local riders. It really doesn't matter if they ride BMWs or not. there aren't that many here any way.

txtinman said:
...there aren't that many here any way.

That many BMWs near you or in TX? There are PLENTY of them on here to keep you amused & help out with tech info when/if you need it.

Welcome aboard, and hope to see you out there on the road! :rider:

mrr1150gs said:
I am sure I couldn't keep up with you.

BAH! The silver Strom looks fast, but I'm just about the slowest slowpoke out there - heck, even leeroy passed me last time! :lol2:

txbanditrydr said:
Terrebandit pointed the way over at the Maximum-Suzuki forum during a Texas thread.... been hooked ever since.

Wow - It's like a lineage.

TXBANDITRYDR told me about it on the BBS Bandit Forum, and here I am. Passing it on to as many that I know will enjoy it as possible.

Squeaky said:
That many BMWs near you or in TX? There are PLENTY of them on here to keep you amused & help out with tech info when/if you need it.

Welcome aboard, and hope to see you out there on the road! :rider:

I meant there are few BMW riders here in Waco. I've seen a couple, but I've never been able to talk to them. There's lots of us Beemer riders in Texas and I've met up with a couple of guys on chromeheads.org. Thanks for the welcome. If you see a brown CLC pulling a Unigo, thats me.

I found out about the page from Bushwhacker when I met him over at Mings back in August. I am so glad he turned me on to this thread, and now my new fiance is on the thread as well. That would be Bonster.

rocketbunny introduced herself to me and my wife at the Luling BBQ ride last month and told me about this site. We both have ST's. :lol2:

ST/SV said:
rocketbunny introduced herself to me and my wife at the Luling BBQ ride last month and told me about this site. We both have ST's. :lol2:

:rolleyes:

I guess I'm never going to live down that joke, am I? Whatever, if it brought you here, it's a good thing, right?

Seeya round, fellow STer.

XR650Rocketman left a link on the TON TRH Forum.

I guess I missed this last time around , I am sure it was a link from ADV , probly the Texas riders check in . SEYA

My buddies kept saying "don't you check the site".So instead of being left out or behind,here I am.Best site around far as I'm concerned;-)

Been a while but I found your other website - Backroad Motorcycle Tours and linked in from there.

I'd love to do a tour with y'all when you get back in that mode!

Dave.

Back