• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

So, I know I wrote this yesterday, but I didn't hit post. Strom Maintenance ends

OldTLSDoug

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Finished the strom maintenance/repair drama, all is well. I put new brakelines, clutchline, new pads, a PC-8 from Eastern Beaver also a dual relay headlight set up. Installed a Hondo Garage mount, put a garage door opener on her and tidied up some things that needed it. I also cleaned a lot of nooks and crannies. Put on a speedo healer, added chain and sprockets (16/43 for the curious) and in general made her mine.

DL6.jpg

DL8_1.jpg

pc8.jpg

So all finished, and I couldn't get her off of the centerstand on the lift. So I used a paddock stand, got it done, set her down on the lift and off she went, just caught her as she rolled forward off of the lift. Just some muscle pain no bike damage. So, of course I rode to Mitch's to see if she works ok. Before adjustment the speedo was 16% high (75 mph indicated at a GPS of 63) so I adjusted that at Mitch's place (after I got him to quit looking up Bandit parts on ebay, it is a disease I tell you). On the way home she was spot on with the GPS.

The heated grips which I switched over to the factory power supply would not indicate power on the controller. As I rode to Mitch's I discovered they were stuck on high. So I disconnected them when I got there. Good thing they are switched power. They did keep my hands very warm, so there's that.

And the pinnacle of the visit was when we dripped a little oil on Mitch's driveway. I think it hurt his feelings, but that is what we do. We are thinking it is a residual thing I didn't get cleaned up when changing the seal.

So, hopefully next time I go on a ride you can all make fun of me doing wheelies on the strom.

You forgot really expensive spark plugs ...

She's a nice looking bike and a good runner, too.

He stopped by for a bit, snickered and pointed at the Bandit ... but I think it was a jealousy thing.
My neighbor stuck his head over the fence and invited us to his burger and brat-fest he was hosting.
I said yes, Doug said "I gotta go home".
But he just never left.

Finally I rolled a shiny ball down the driveway, Doug chased it and I closed the door behind him.

As for "a disease", you are patient zero, sir ...

New bike ...

Back