• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

So is BikeBandit still in business?

I mean, I love my Triumph. But for real, this is really bad post-sale support. I guess that's what I get for buying a British motorcycle.

So, the local Triumph dealer can't get these parts for ya either? Yeah, I think you'll be cutting your own gaskets...

IDK. It's a trek into a bad part of town to go to the Triumph dealer. I did have to get an alternator cover gasket from them. The "gasket" for the gauges is really like a rubber grommet that goes in the hole in the gauge mount, which has a protrusion that fits a notch in the gauge bracket to keep the gauge from turning (it's round ya know). So I can't just cut a new one. A big grommet would work but not have the keying to keep it from turning.

I still have no solution for my bent brake pedal except live with it. It's just barely bent, so I live with it. The Napoleon bar end mirrors that Triumph supplied with the bike were also not available, and in fact Napoleon don't even make those bar end mirrors anymore for anybody. Rebuilding this bike was not a simple matter.

I ordered a tire from Rocky Mountain ATV last night and it has already shipped.

I visited one of there dealerships in St. George UT last September. The people there are very friendly and helpful. And they had a much better price than other online retailers I checked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered a couple of small Triumph OEM parts from them in about September of last year. Every week since I get a note "Fulfillment Delay".

Something tells me this is never going to get fulfilled.

Yes, I did ask them to cancel the order in about November. But they didn't.
So..... I ordered a Versatube Carport some time ago, well it was to show up in two shipments. First the frame which would have to be hand unloaded so I opted to take my Truck and Trailer to the trucking Company to have it loaded.
I get an email informing me the second shipment left on April 21. When I called for an update, Versatube said there might be a shortage?Why tell me they shipped it? They are still looking into it. I think it is a Driver shortage. Just a whole different World we have to try and make sense of or try and indure

IDK. It's a trek into a bad part of town to go to the Triumph dealer. I did have to get an alternator cover gasket from them. The "gasket" for the gauges is really like a rubber grommet that goes in the hole in the gauge mount, which has a protrusion that fits a notch in the gauge bracket to keep the gauge from turning (it's round ya know). So I can't just cut a new one. A big grommet would work but not have the keying to keep it from turning.

I still have no solution for my bent brake pedal except live with it. It's just barely bent, so I live with it. The Napoleon bar end mirrors that Triumph supplied with the bike were also not available, and in fact Napoleon don't even make those bar end mirrors anymore for anybody. Rebuilding this bike was not a simple matter.
Check commandosspecialties.com They advertise bar end mirrors.

The craziest thing happened today...

1625758422906.png

wow - so that's 10 months later?

I ordered a front tire in November that still seems to be backordered. I wanted to cancel and noticed their 888 number is disconnected and it you call their local number during business hours, it says they don't answer the phone. Hopefully email will get to them IF they're still in business.

It looks like there are plenty of unhappy customers according to the comments on their last post.

I ordered a front tire in November that still seems to be backordered. I wanted to cancel and noticed their 888 number is disconnected and it you call their local number during business hours, it says they don't answer the phone. Hopefully email will get to them IF they're still in business.
I just had a similar thing happen with a tire and a vendor I normally trust. I spent a week trying to get in touch with them. Finally received an email from them saying they just switched over to a new internet provider (which also gave them phone service). I believe them in this case only because they were happy to refund my money for the tire they didn't have in stock. While TJs also didn't have the tires I wanted, they were able to give me some insight directly from the manufacturer on the shipping issues and why nobody in the states has the tires I'm looking for in the sizes I'm looking for... I also want TJs to stick around, so I just ordered from them.

I just had a good experience ordering Triumph parts for my 2018 Bonneville T120. I needed the right hand Control Plate which is what breaks when you let the bike tip over in the garage while moving it around. BikeBandit showed the part as not available so I went searching. Found it at Cross Country Triumph. It took 2 weeks and shipping was $12. When I did not get shipping info from them for the first 5 days, I called and on the second ringed got to talk to a real person that gave me the update for my order. They order directly from the factory then forward your order via USPS which accounted for the delay. Hope this helps.

Later, Bud...

They declared bankruptcy. Bike Bandit Files Bankruptcy

Filing for bankruptcy doesn't prevent you from continuing in business. Failure to do business properly often precedes bankruptcy.

Filing for bankruptcy doesn't prevent you from continuing in business. Failure to do business properly often precedes bankruptcy.
True. If a business files for a Chapter 11 reorganization, it almost always remains the Debtor in Possession and continues to operate the business. In a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, all of the nonexempt assets of the debtor are transferred to the Trustee who liquidates the estate and oversees distribution to creditors.

Bike Bandit filed Chapter 7 so it should not have continued doing business after the date of filing. Any debts that it accrued post-petition are not dischargeable in bankruptcy, but then there are almost certainly no assets to reach and it would cost more than it is worth to try.

Back