• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

So my girlfriend wanted to get a bike...

Ocho

Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
We had looked at multiple starting bikes for her and she ultimately decided she wanted a RE Himalayan (low seat height, good looks, adventure riding). We spent couple of weeks researching if it was a good fit and yesterday morning we were prepared to go buy it. However, I had mentioned a couple of times that the Versys X300 was a good beginners bike and there was a used one for a cheap price nearby.

But then it occurred to us maybe she could just start learning in my already kitted out Versys and I could just upgrade to a new bike (been wanting to for a couple of months)....

So here we are

775E9778-3DCB-4296-B2B0-68279847B109.jpeg

We had looked at multiple starting bikes for her and she ultimately decided she wanted a RE Himalayan (low seat height, good looks, adventure riding). We spent couple of weeks researching if it was a good fit and yesterday morning we were prepared to go buy it. However, I had mentioned a couple of times that the Versys X300 was a good beginners bike and there was a used one for a cheap price nearby.

But then it occurred to us maybe she could just start learning in my already kitted out Versys and I could just upgrade to a new bike (been wanting to for a couple of months)....

So here we are

View attachment 232966

Noice! So you went from a Royal Enfield to a BMW. Well played sir, well played indeed. :hail: And congrats too!

So here we are

View attachment 232966
HOLY COW, what did you do!
I love seeing these great surprises!

Congrats man!

I suspected ever since the meeting at the BMW dealership before the Dragoo Clinic where you eying them that you'd likely end up getting one of those.

That's a nice bike, man. Now we gotta try to keep up with you in the corners :)

Nice pretty scooter, might be a little tough to get a knee down, but it is acceptable to me.

The key word here is “break”. 😂
Yes, let's not use that word which shall not be spoken henceforth.

Ocho...I think you need to put on a bunch of street miles, go visit a few starbucks with mentioned g.f. And have a ball! Turns out 8 is a lucky number too.

Ps, I like your gold wheels for some reason too.

Hahaha thanks everyone! To be fair, she got a good deal. She can learn on my Versys for free! I will probably still use it for some planned dirt trips until I get more comfortable with the big BMW.

Congrats man!

I suspected ever since the meeting at the BMW dealership before the Dragoo Clinic where you eying them that you'd likely end up getting one of those.

That's a nice bike, man. Now we gotta try to keep up with you in the corners :)

I was for sure mirrin' 👀. Now I only wish I had taken the training with the GS. I have yet to ride it much so we'll see how it goes.

Sweet. I love the colors on it also. Now you need to join up with us Sunday in Whitney for lunch to break it in.

Behold... the power of rationalization comes through again! :bow: :lol2:

I've worked a few deals like that in the past ;-)

Of course my wife saw through it all from the very beginning... but, she didn't gripe... too much :-P That's one of the reasons she's a keeper :trust:

Beauty of a bike! Congrats.
Did you get it locally in Austin, or at another dealer?

Yes, locally @ RideNow Austin (formerly Woods Fun Center). Luckily they had the bike and color I wanted. My experience was positive.

Back