• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

So what's the most interesting thing you've carried on your bike?

That's easy, my wife :-) Yeah she occasionally reads this site.

:tab Will, all the images go into an "Original Images" directory. Within that directory are dated subdirectories that have part of the event as the name. For exampe:

/012806-PieRun

or

/WESTRALY02

Then all the images are time/date stamped by the camera so I can just scroll down to find them. I also use www.irfanview.com for managing images. It has a great thumbnail viewer that lets you see thumbnails of every image in a directory. So as long as I can recall the image so I have an idea of what I am looking for, I can usually find it within a minute or two.

I carried all my worldly possesions (everything I owned) on my GS1000 Suzuki in 1982 on a January ride from Madison WI to my new home in Lubbock TX. I have a photo of it somewhere..... That bike was loaded to the max and it was freezing hiney cold.

Strangest things hmm,
In Bermuda, I was on the back (picture 2 190 lb 24 yr olds) of a 185 yamaha step through, with 2 5 gallon buckets of paint. If I leaned back the front tire would lift. Couple days after we painted we went for 2 12 foot 2X4's

In Thailand 3 of us (my wife her sister and me) on a 225 kawasaki Kool, and groceries. We're not just little Thai's either.

Back home 2 flats of beer (for y'all 2 24 packs of cans that is a 24 pack "lying flat") on my Ninja (every weekend).

The roof rack cross bars for my SUV from the dealer to work to home on my DRZ. Given I went many years with just motorcycles those are just a few.

OOOH my buddy Billy is really strange....:rofl:

It wasn't actually ON the bike, but: Back in our crazy, innocent youth, Chris (hubby) was driving, I was passenger, and I was "pulling" a loaded grocery cart behind us (just across the street). That is, until we hit a speed bump! The cart just didn't want to go over it. I thought I could hold on tight to Chris and jerk the basket over the speed bump. The result: basket didn't go over speed bump; I pulled Chris off the bike with me; the bike kept on going! :roll:

So, you could say a grocery basket or a bike with no rider or passenger. :rofl:

It wasn't me but it was my brother.

In 1975, he had a 1974 Yamaha TX-500 that he rode to work (Sears on Shepherd) and college everyday. He was an art student who painted in all his spare time. Sears would have discount picture frames that would go on sell that he couldn't pass up. With no place to carry them on the bike due to the size, he put them around his neck and carried them that way for the 20 mile drive home. He did this on numerous occasions until a car pulled out in front of him on rain soaked road. He went down slid forever and wound up in someone's front yard. The picture frames were still around his neck. Someone stop by to help just to ask why he had the frames around his neck because he had been seeing him do this for months. He gave up riding the bike which I took over riding for awhile. He was never the same since....

I have to watch the dates on these recycled threads. End up liking someones post that may be deceased by now.

Bag of ice in the desert.

I have to watch the dates on these recycled threads. End up liking someones post that may be deceased by now.

Actually, I did have a few occasions where spouses of deceased members contacted me and asked that I delete the accounts or stop the emails because it was upsetting them. Now, whenever I find out a member is deceased, I move them into the inactive user group so they stop getting emails from the forum but their content is maintained.

In Nov 2003, one of our early members was killed. Years before, his wife had taken their two kids and took off. He never even knew where they went. He did eventually remarry. Then came the accident. Years later I got an email from a young lady that was around 18-19 years old. It was his daughter from the first marriage. She was around 11-12 when the Mom split. She said the mom told the kids all kinds of horrible things about him, but she didn't ever remember any of those things, so she thought her mom was just being spiteful. After getting away from her mom, who apparently had serious issues, she set out to find her dad and reestablish the relationship. She had no idea he had been killed. The way she found out was by finding a thread here about the accident. It was a few years after the accident that she contacted me. She told me that coming here to read that thread and all the nice things people said about her dad really helped her work through the loss. Had I deleted all that, who knows how she would have found out? I thought that was kind of cool.

Let's see.. different occasions:

6 ft Loading ramp under my butt

5yr old + 11yr old + dog (only 5 or 6 blocks on that one)

Baby gate held under one arm

Broom/dustpan

On more than one occasion I’ve thrown a rifle in a backpack and cruises down the highway with the barrel sticking out the top. Another time I stopped on my way home from work and went through the Whataburger drive through. I forgot I didn’t have my backpack with me so I rode the last five miles or so with the Whataburger bag clenched between my teeth.

I also woke up one afternoon (I was working nights) to find my truck battery was dead. I threw the battery in my backpack and hauled it to Walmart where I bought a new one and carried it home the same way. My back was aching after that one.

Actually, I did have a few occasions where spouses of deceased members contacted me and asked that I delete the accounts or stop the emails because it was upsetting them. Now, whenever I find out a member is deceased, I move them into the inactive user group so they stop getting emails from the forum but their content is maintained.

In Nov 2003, one of our early members was killed. Years before, his wife had taken their two kids and took off. He never even knew where they went. He did eventually remarry. Then came the accident. Years later I got an email from a young lady that was around 18-19 years old. It was his daughter from the first marriage. She was around 11-12 when the Mom split. She said the mom told the kids all kinds of horrible things about him, but she didn't ever remember any of those things, so she thought her mom was just being spiteful. After getting away from her mom, who apparently had serious issues, she set out to find her dad and reestablish the relationship. She had no idea he had been killed. The way she found out was by finding a thread here about the accident. It was a few years after the accident that she contacted me. She told me that coming here to read that thread and all the nice things people said about her dad really helped her work through the loss. Had I deleted all that, who knows how she would have found out? I thought that was kind of cool.
Yep, beautiful story. I thought it amazing too about how you have your life documented here with your kids and all.

The most interesting thing would definitely be my wife.

Now...the most unusual thing would be a Peace Pipe Tomahawk that I bought in Jackson Wyoming at the Mountain Man Toy Store. (I don't smoke, but I just thought it was cool)

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it amazing too about how you have your life documented here with your kids and all.

There are quite a few threads with pics/vids of the kids learning to ride motorcycles and also from rides they've done over the years. In most cases, if you search either the General or Story Telling forums for "Sarah", "Daniel", and/or "Rachel" you will find them pretty quickly.

Even when they were fairly young, like 2-4, they would look out the car window and say, "HOOLIGAN!" when they saw someone riding by without any gear or at least a helmet :lol2: I'm still not sure how they got that because I don't recall teaching it to them :shrug: I usually think of a hooligan more as someone doing wheelies in traffic or blasting in/out of traffic at warp speeds.

I took these pictures in Uganda in 2004. These guys would have been thrilled if they could their "most interesting thing" on a motor bike instead of a bicycle.
DSC01042.JPG

DSC01044.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Most interesting?
Not really interesting but my "most"

Myself, girlfriend, her teenage niece, one toddler and two other kids on a 100cc Honda Wave scooter. 40 kms into town and back.

That was the rebirth of my motorcycling after a 25 year hiatus.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Mmm... The Interceptor! Love the V4 motors! I enjoyed 100K miles on two different VFR 800s. I like my current bikes, but I sure miss the sound of of the VFR when in "fun mode" :zen:

I once carried a 36 inch flat screen TV home on a gy6 scooter. Never could have done it on my Versys. I don't think that there is a limit to what can be carried on a scooter. I saw some amazing examples in South East Asia.

An industrial paint pump on the ZRX and back in High School carried 5 of us on my CB 350 from Bellville to Sealy and back just after midnight one
interesting saturday evening that would be me on the tank, three on the seat and one on the luggage rack

we went for food (ok microwave burritos) as back then nothing in Bellville was open after midnight and Sealy had an all night stop-n-go

I bet that was a sight, 5 kids on a Honda with a bag of burritos . Sounds like the munchies :cool2:

It wasn’t me, but a guy I work with had a YSR 80 that he put an XR200 motor in in high school. He put himself and two friends on it and ride into town (about 15 miles) one night.

Back