• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bike For Sale SOLD 2000 Honda XR650L DualSport, lots of extras, NX 2nd &5th gears

FiddyK

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Letting go of several more bikes. This is my 2000 Honda XR650L dual sport, street legal, electric start with 8,200 miles on her. I bought this from an inmate. The motor was entirely rebuilt 300 miles ago, due to a faulty oil pump. While the motor was apart, she got the most sought after upgrade for these bikes... NX 2nd and 5th gears. She runs fantastic and has lots of goodies:

Wiseco piston kit, 101.00mm 10.5:1 Compression
New oil pump
All bearings
Rod
Cam journal repair by XRs only
New valves, guides and seals, complete head done by XRs Only
Cam
Timing Chain
Chain Guides
Rocker Arms
All seals
All springs

FMF Q4 exhaust
Tusk rear rack with subframe stiffeners (aka hog legs)
Clark 4-gallon tank
Daves mods to the carb
XRs only temp dip stick
New Tusk Dual Sport tires front and rear
Complete aftermarket LED headlight
Aux LED lights
LED Taillight with blinkers built into them
Zeta handlebars
Cycra wrap around handguards with blinkers built into them
ProTaper Pillow Top Lite grips
Spectrum Moto finned oil filter cover (black)
Heavy duty aluminum skit plate
Oversized foot pegs
New AGM gel battery
Double Take mirrors
ManRacks case saver
Bikemaster black shifter
and probably other thins I'm forgetting at the moment.

Asking $3,800 on CL, $3,500 on here. Clear Texas title in my name, in hand. She is ready to get on and ride cross country. The only thing to mention is that the neutral light isn't working. She has been ridden offroad as well and has some scars to prove it.

I will also be listing my Suzuki DRZ250 and Yamaha TTR230 soon.

IMG_0942.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg
IMG_0958.jpg
IMG_0955.jpg
IMG_0956.jpg
IMG_0952.jpg
IMG_0953.jpg
IMG_0943.jpg
IMG_0946.jpg
IMG_0947.jpg
IMG_0948.jpg
IMG_0949.jpg
IMG_0951.jpg
IMG_0957.jpg
IMG_0944.jpg

Last edited:
Love the lighting setup on this bike... good deal on a bike that will run forever with low maintenance.. GLWS

I feel really bad for all those poor folks riding 650s with the stock, too tall second gear. I think Honda accidentally ordered 2M of them and got stuck using them for the next 15 years. I sold mine after a year because of it. At least it allowed me to go sightseeing after the rains. FM486 outside Rockdale, about 15" deep.
flood and xr.jpg

Fiddy , was that the one you got like 3 feet of air with that time ?

Back