• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sold - 2000 VFR

Re: 2000 VFR

I had a 99. Amazing all around, do it all bike. FI, light luggage, Honda reliability and great range. It doesn't get much better.

I used to spend days solo in the Hill Country on mine after riding there from Katy.

If I hadn't picked up a Sprint ST recently, I would be all over this.

GLWS.

I liked the torque on the Sprint ST better overall, so Iwent with that. If the Sprint goes, I'd get one of these.

I know this bike and its owner. You will not find a more meticulously maintained bike. WB spares no expense in making sure all his bikes are in tip top shape.

Did the Viffer sell? I've owned 2 of the 6th gens. Always wanted a 5th gen.

No, it hasn't sold. Shoot me a PM if you are really interested.

I was already resigned to it not selling till perhaps Spring but Winter in Texas can be blissful.

I have a possible buyer for my Connie this weekend. May be looking for a 5th Gen Viffer soon. Are you still in the Valley? I'm in San Antonio but have folks in McAllen. By chance, have you changed out he stator/rectifier? I've replace them in every Viffer i've owned.

Yes, here in the valley. No I've not replaced the rectifier.

Sell the Connie, this viffer needs a good home.

I was thinking Hillsboro, not Edinburg. Hillsboro and Edinburg in TEXAS are a LOT farther apart than Hillsboro and Edinburg are in North Dakota. LOL

Well there's also Hillsboro Oregon. Worked there picking strawberries in the Summer in my youth.

Viffer is sold to iMotoPilot pending the actual transaction tomorrow morning. I'm gonna miss her but she's going to a good home where she will be ridden instead of sitting in the garage way too much.

Took her out for a ride yesterday after work ... might be my last ride on her. :tears:

20160324_192842_zpspde9lyss.jpg

Thanks a bunch WeazyBuddha! It was a long trip from the Valley but she's in her new home.

Back