• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sold: 2003 BMW R 1150 GS Adventure

Reaction score
SOLDSOLDSOLD

OK guys, I'm gonna let my 1150 GS Adventure go. It has been a great bike but I sipped the Coolaid!
This is a turn key Adventure Bike ready for RTB or RTW. Install your GPS and go!

IMG_4135-M.jpg

It is an 03 with 67xxx miles.

Russel Day Long Heated Seat

IMG_4140-M.jpg

IMG_4141-M.jpg

Three piece Jessee Luggage

IMG_4146-M.jpg

Been from Mazatlan to Boise and ready to do it all again!

DSC_0028-XL.jpg

It has fresh Tourance Tires and recently rebuilt Ohlins Shocks front and rear sprung for a Big Boy!

IMG_4138-L.jpg

DSC_0183-XL.jpg

It's not a Garage Queen but will take you to far off places and never brake a sweat!

It's located in Forney ,Texas . SOLD

I might trade for something interesting.

Re: 2003 BMW R 1150 GS Adventure

Noooo.... :nono:

What are you gonna do now? Are you done with bikes?

He said something about cool aid..... Which around here is typically orange stuff :)

He said he sipped the kool-aid...that could only mean a BRAND NEW KTM ADVENTURE BIKE has been placed on order!!

I am doing less Pavement and much more gravel road traveling.
The 1150 was not getting used much anymore and takes up quite a bit of my storage space.
I will probably ride a Roundel equipped bike again. There is something that just feels right about riding BMW.

I saw the "sipped the kool-aid" and thought that was code for something. I'm just new to this forum/bikes and didn't want to aSSume anything.

I saw the "sipped the kool-aid" and thought that was code for something. I'm just new to this forum/bikes and didn't want to aSSume anything.

"Sipping the kool-aid", which in MC jargon is short for "sipping the orange kool-aid", refers to purchasing a KTM, a high performance orange and black MC. I've also heard them referred to as the pumpkin bikes because of the orange color.

The father of the KTM modern bike was the Penton sport cycles. You can read about them here
http://www.pentonusa.org/

I owned a 1973 Six-Day and am a member of the POG. I attended a mtg at the KTM Amherst,OH location which was just cool. We were in the KTM conference room. I met Mr. John Penton and his sons Jack and Jeff. Hung out with ISDT gold medal winners. Just too incredible!

Didn't mean to hijack thread...

Just wanted to say that this is a very nice sorted out GS. I have ridden it and followed it several miles and anyone in the market should give this one a look see!

This bike would really like to go to Mexico for the Winter!:trust:

Just leave the keys in it at the local flea market and it will go to ....:lol2:

GLWS nice, very nice bike. I miss my 2002 GSA.

I need someone to buy this so Big Don can get me a nice Christmas present!!!

Back