• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

[SOLD] 2004 BMW R1150GS

grandelatte

Consistently Inconsistent
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
2004 BMW R1150GS for sale - I am moving and I need to scale down my collection of bikes. I bought this bike in September 2017 with 27,000 miles. Now it has ~51,000 miles. I still ride it every day so the mileage will increase. This is a dual spark model.

It has the followings.
BMW crash bars
Jesse bags with liners
Spiegler brake and clutch lines
Driving lights with autoswitch (long hold the blinker cancellation button to turn on or off)
Odyssey battery
Metal fuel quick disconnects
Touratech rack extension
Touratech headlight shield
Sidestand bigfoot
Alaska Leather seat pad
Powerlet plugs
Fastway footpegs
GIVI trunk (top case)
Spare Spark plugs
Brake bleeding funnel
Owners manuals
JVB Maintenance DVD/CD
Brand new Shinko 705s
New front & rear brake pads with EBC HH pads.

Oil and filter, valve checks, throttle body sync done religiously every 6000 miles. Next maintenance should be done at 54,000 miles. The hydraulic fluid, brakes, and clutch, was flushed once a year. The bike has been always garaged at home. It is a great bike on and off road. It has been down a few times during off-road trips and training. It has never been down on a hardtop while I owned the bike.

Jim

Tank Bubble =(

Last edited:
Update
Just installed new Shinko 705s - front & rear.
Installed new rear brake pads - will be installing the front pads this week.

Still riding it almost daily.

The tail light bulb warning light has not come on since I removed the relayed accessory circuit.

I've spent the last few nights working on my 17 R1200GS and it is REALLY making me miss the simplicity of working on the 1150 GS! :headbang:

Removing the tank on these 1150s involves removing one bolt at the rear of the tank and disconnecting two quick disconnect joints for the fuel lines. On the new bike, you spend a LOT of time removing little screws and clips that hold all the fairing/plastic bits before you can even get to the actual fuel tank or air filter. Then you have to keep track of them, remember what goes where, and try to get it all back together again. Crazy. It definitely would not be fun trying to work on the newer bikes on the side of the road during a trip if the need were to arise!

I've spent the last few nights working on my 17 R1200GS and it is REALLY making me miss the simplicity of working on the 1150 GS! :headbang:

Removing the tank on these 1150s involves removing one bolt at the rear of the tank and disconnecting two quick disconnect joints for the fuel lines. On the new bike, you spend a LOT of time removing little screws and clips that hold all the fairing/plastic bits before you can even get to the actual fuel tank or air filter. Then you have to keep track of them, remember what goes where, and try to get it all back together again. Crazy. It definitely would not be fun trying to work on the newer bikes on the side of the road during a trip if the need were to arise!

Scott! what are you doing, dang it! Are you trying to convince me to keep the old girl? If so, you are doing a great job.

If you are trying to tell everyone how GREAT 115GS is, then again, you are doing a good job. Thanks for your endorsement. Yes, removing tank is so easy to do. There are so many things that are just plain simple. I have no experience with the wet heads, but it sounds like lots of little annoyances. I'm sure I will eventually get there.

=)

Jim

Scott! what are you doing, dang it! Are you trying to convince me to keep the old girl? If so, you are doing a great job.

If you are trying to tell everyone how GREAT 115GS is, then again, you are doing a good job. Thanks for your endorsement. Yes, removing tank is so easy to do. There are so many things that are just plain simple. I have no experience with the wet heads, but it sounds like lots of little annoyances. I'm sure I will eventually get there.

=)

Jim

The 1150s ARE great bikes. I put about 30K miles on mine in about 1-1/2 years before adding kids to the family required me to sell it :-P They have their own special quirks, but I didn't find any of them to be especially annoying or troublesome. For anyone that wants to do their own maintenance, they are definitely easier to maintain than the newer 1200s (or even the early 1200s). I think they also do a better job of quickly floating down nasty bumpy back roads. The extra weight makes them more stable and they ride smoother. The heavier flywheel on the motor also makes it less sensitive to the small throttle inputs you cannot help but make as you are bumping along and holding onto the bike. Don't get me wrong, I love the new bikes as well, but it is not necessarily a case of everything about the new bikes being better than the old bikes!

Jim, is this the same bike you rode to Kerrville when we met over at the campground for the macbook?

Jim, is this the same bike you rode to Kerrville when we met over at the campground for the macbook?
Yes sir! You saw the bike. That's it. Kerrville is kinda far to deliver, though... ;-)

Reactions: Vec
Let's make the deal sweeter. I'll throw in a brand new never used coil stick. ;-)

At around 32,000 miles, right side coil stick went out. At that time, I bought two coil sticks, one to replace the bad coil and one to have it as a spare. The beauty of this bike is that it is the twin spark plug model. It will run fine with three spark plugs.

I was going to sell this separately since this coil fits in a variety of models. But if this is going to sweeten the deal, I'm throwing it in. The coil costs $130.00 at Beemerboneyard.

This bike is now located in Waco. I’ll be back in Waco next weekend if anyone wants to see it.

Jim

So...did you move to Waco?

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk
Mostly...
My family is already in Waco. So are my bikes. I'm finishing up my job in Houston this week. I will be a 100% Waco man on June 1.

Back