• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Sold - 2004 Vstrom 1000 FS

Reaction score
$2500 OBO. 35K miles. Clear title in hand. Located in Flower Mound.

Up for your consideration is this fine example of Japanese engineering. She needs a deep cleaning, and will get one before she hits other sites, but the ST1300 behind her has been getting my attention, so it's time for her to go. I have a slew of spare parts, including hand guards to replace the one pictured (driveway spill), about where she's sitting in the garage pic... The red river pic is older but much more flattering.

Once she's gotten a full cleanup, I'll post more pics. If you're interested in a downright filthy bike as is, I'd be glad to take detailed pics of anything you want.

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_1219.JPG

The good:
She starts every time and has never let me down in the 2 years of ownership.
Heated grips work great.
Valve shims done recently.
Spare parts, including a comprehensive shim kit.
Gearing altered by the PO to give some extra low end oomph, I do have the stock sprockets and a new chain.
Clear TX title in hand.
Registration expires this month, she'll pass inspection fine.
Dynajet installed.
Factory service manual
She's slept indoors most of her life.
Pelican pannier system, I have inner bags for this.

The bad:
She rattles at idle. It's done this since purchase, and is fairly common for these bikes.
PO removed the butterflies. Occasionally she'll throw a code related to this, which is reset by a quick ignition cycle and doesn't usually show up again on the ride. This won't happen on your test ride, but I wouldn't feel right not disclosing it.
LH blinker was victim to the driveway spill, it's cobbled back together with electrical tape.
LH Hand guard was victim, too, I have the replacement guard but haven't replaced it.
Clutch lever was victim, as well (stupid driveway), I do have the replacement part but haven't fixed it.
She slept outdoors for about 4 months in my care, but mostly covered. She's back indoors now...

Cash preferred, but open to trades in my favor. Sport bikes, Grom/Z125, Bicycles (I ride a 60cm), cruisers, sport touring bikes and old Fords top my list of potential trades.

Message through here, or text me at N!ne 72-824-23 uno 7. Located in Flower Mound.

Feel free to PM price feedback. I think it’s priced fair, but I could be outta my mind. Not in a hurry, but I just never fell in love with the ‘Strom like I did the ST.

Got a question about the seat: stock seat, it has a rub/ light tear (again, and old pic) that’s been repaired and I’d forgotten about it (it was this way when I bought it). You can see it if you zoom in just below the gloves.

Also forgot to mention the fork brace.

[need original fork brace image uploaded again -Admin]

Sweet! Was it another TWT member?

Yessir! And I didn’t even have to bother cleaning her up. Bought her replacement a few months ago from a member here, too.

Back