• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bike For Sale SOLD: 2015 Yamaha Super Tenere 1200 (Non ES)

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Parker
For sale: 2015 Yamaha Super Tenere 1200, it’s a non-ES model with just over 24,000 miles.

Backstory – Traded in my KTM Superduke 990 last summer for it. I was wanting something for trips and such, you know how it goes. Just as soon as I bought it, the healthcare company I worked for closed due to the ongoing fallout from Covid issues. So… because I had lost my income and the wife was the sole breadwinner for the meantime, we sort of went into personal financial lockdown. No trips or any extra spending.

Now, fully employed and everything is good, decided the break in riding might be more permanent than I thought. Working from home, and some physical issues that come with age, I’ve decided to let it go. Bike has been sitting all season, not being used. I believe I am the second owner.
  • Two windshields (Yamaha regular and touring)
  • MadStad windshield bracket
  • SW Motech Dakar Soft Saddlebags and Mounts. I personally didn’t like how the bags mounted. Mounts are still on the bike, bags are shown in one of the pics. Discontinued, but info is here: https://twistedthrottle.com/shop/lu...t1200z-super-tenere-11-18-32l-each-64l-total/
  • Quad Lock handlebar phone mount, including the suspension piece. I have a case for an iPhone Xs Max. If you have a different phone, you’ll have to buy your own Quad Lock phone case.
  • Previous owner installed highway pegs. Not pretty, but useful.
  • 2 sets of driving lights installed with switch assembly mounted next to turn signal housing.
  • Looks like the Yamaha brand engine guard is installed.
  • I also have a brand new, never used, still in the bag, genuine KTM tank bag. It came with my SuperDuke and forgot I had it when trading it. So it's yours too if you don't mind KTM branding on a Yamaha. It has the straps for mounting, so should work fine.
Overall, the bike is in excellent condition. Was freshly serviced at Yamaha dealer last year. Tires are newer Shinko’s with less than 500 miles. One big scratch on the plastic exhaust shield, and some small surface scratches by gas cap, probably from a tank bag from the looks of it. The windshield looks high in the pics because it's the touring windshield and the bracket is extended about 2/3rd's up.

Located in Justin, TX, about 4 miles north of Texas Motor Speedway.

I still owe some money to Fort Worth Community Credit Union. However, since they’re local and headquartered in Bedford, the title can be had right away when paying cash. So, it’s sort of clear-ish??? ;-)

Any question or inquiries just shoot me a PM on here and we can exchange numbers or whatever.

Asking $7500.

Thanks for looking,
Scott

IMG_1301.jpeg

IMG_1302.jpeg

IMG_1303.jpeg

IMG_1304.jpeg

IMG_1305.jpeg

IMG_1307.jpeg

IMG_1309.jpeg

IMG_1310.jpeg

IMG_1313.jpeg