• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SOLD!!! 83 Kawasaki GPz1100 ZX1100

Reaction score
SOLD!!! Minor flaws in paint, less than you'd expect from a bike this old. Pictures speak for themselves. Contact me for more information.

100_01360_zpsfae3570e.jpg

100_01370_zps78aa1533.jpg

100_01380_zps7d9640fb.jpg

100_0140_zps319f3925.jpg

100_01410_zpsd210848f.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 83 Kawasaki GPz1100 ZX1100

:drool: Droooooooooooooooool. :drool:

A few quick questions:

1. How long have you owned it?

2. What, if any, restorative work have you done to it?

3. What do you know about its maintenance history?

4. How does it run?

5. Is it an original bike (engine matches frame matches clocks, etc.)?

Thanks! :dude:

i've owned her since about 96 or 97 i think. i bought her off a guy in kingwood tx. we had to literally dig it out of his garage. she only had around 1100 miles on her then. he fell and it terrified him. i did a full cleanup, all fluids, bearings and seals. i rode her till 2002 when i lost my job. then she ended up pushed in the back of the shop. i got her back out this winter. sorted out all the mechanical and electronic issues from sitting up. she's mostly all original save for the tank and blinkers. the original one needs cleaning but i still have it. she runs like a top. i also have a complete decal set if someone wanted to paint it

Last edited:

Thanks so much for the info. Appreciated. I just noticed that we're 600 miles from one another, so that kinda sucks, but I'll think on it and perhaps have a gentle talk with my better half to see if she can stand having a fourth bike in the garage. Been several years since I've added to my stable.

BTW, I would definitely be refurbishing it, cosmetically at least. But it sounds like you have the mechanicals and electricals sorted nicely, which is great.

I will be heading to Midland around the end of Feb. I don't have an exact date yet if you need it hauled out there.

What was done with the fuel injection system to compensate for the better breathing exhaust system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Awesome looking vintage performer. GLWS, How do you like your ZRX?

it's so much lighter than the concoures it's just going to take a little getting used to

Well, after letting the Go Fever® wear off, I think I better stand down for now. I got my better half's blessing, but she also reminded me that we're about to make a significant investment into one of our side businesses, and also that taxes are coming. If you still have it in late March to early April, I'll revisit the possibility. In the meantime, good luck with the sale.

Great bike. A real classic. I'm still drooling. :chug:

Oh, lawdy! I have zero NEED for that, but oooohhhhhh the WANT. Mark my words, that will be a desirable collectible in the next decade. It's pretty much there already. But it's just on that edge between old vs. vintage. Give it 5 or so and it'll be solidly there. GLWS, it gets my thumbs up. :thumb:

Back