• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sold - 96' XR400 Mint Condition - Street Legal

Reaction score
96' Honda XR400 Mint Condition, $2,475 OBO or Trade. (I dropped the price down from $2,900).

Street legal dual sport.

I might also be interested in trading something for this...including a trade for a trials bike or other (A "trials" bike to ride at Emma Long City Park in Austin). Let me know whatever you have to trade...you never know, as I might be interested.)

- Bike was completely rebuilt from the bottom up 6 months ago.
- Street legal (Currently registered and inspected).
- Title
- Full engine rebuild
- Teflon/moly coated hi-comp piston
- Ported and polished cylinder head
- New valve job
- New CRF450 cam chain (direct swap, way stronger than stock)
- Manual cam chain tensioner
- New seals and bearings throughout
- Polished main engine cases
- Powder coated side cases and covers
- Many mirror and polished bolts and covers
- Refinished frame
- Stainless steel hardware
- New chain and sprockets (gearing is set-up for street and moderate trail riding)
- All new plastics
- Custom wiring (everything is super clean and new)
- Derestricted exhaust
- New seat cover
- New headlight bulb
- USB port for smartphone
- LED tail light
- Brand new XRs only Mikuni pumper carb
- Custom made carbon fiber gas tank cover. This is not a peel and stick, this is a full on carbon fiber cover. There is only one of these in the world. It is removable.
- Please don't offend me by lowballing. I don't need to sell this bike but I will to someone that appreciates the work, time, and money put into it.
- Bike is located in NW Austin. If interested, let me know asap. I'll also be posting an ad to to Craig's List and eBay shortly. Thx!

Here's a link to the CL ad with a photo. PM me if you want to see more pics: http://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/5266845563.html

Last edited:
Re: 96' XR400 Mint Condition - Street Legal

Let me know if interested. Otherwise it's going on eBay this week.

Thx.

Thanks LaserDave. Somebody will be very happy with this bike!!

Would someone please buy this bike, take her to Mexico and get her dirty fer gawd's sake?

Ha, ha. Right on Philip.

Yea, she's street legal and ready to go anywhere, including Mexico!

Ohh he knows.... His wisdom helped me build it.... ;-)

David, I'll have that battery done Monday, and enroute.

If you happen to be the "Wes" that offered to trade me your CRF250 for my XR400 via a PM, PM me again, as I'm interested. I don't think my PM response is working correctly...But if it is working, you should see my cell phone in your PM inbox. Thx.

Great bike. Great seller.

Hard to beat an XR400.

I will probably regret asking :trust:, but what weight is the suspension set up for. If I missed it, my apologies.

200-220, depending on terrain, and riding style.

Tojo92,

Bike is in NW Austin, very close to Cedar Park if you'd like to see it.

I know. It's very tempting.

Imathinking.

Staton

That's what I'm about to buy!! I'll pm u my cell.

Lets talk!!

FWIW, this bike was in front of me two days ago. David wanted me to look it over, install a new battery, and help bleed the front brakes... (New master cylinder)

This bike is 100%. It still is a one-kick-cold bike.

If a person can not start it the first try, its not the bike, its the leg.

It has a brand new li-ion battery, and will now do a front flip if you grab too much front brake, and are too far up on the tank Lol. Not quite, but I got the back wheel up, and I was in the middle of the seat, and weigh 230

Thx Aaron.

I need to make room and I need cash, so lets make a deal asap.

Someone will be very happy.

I also have an 02' XR400 that was only ridden on 6 rides and sat for years. I just started going through it and had the carb professionally cleaned at AF1, changed air filter, oil and filter...Has a pumper carb, beautiful gold Excel rims and a bunch of spare parts including spare rims. I'd sell all of that for $2K cash. Have them both for $4,500 or make me a fair offer.

I must move these out of my garage this week, so come look at them...make me an offer.

Both have mikuni pumpers, both are basically brand new.

I just listed this on eBay for $2,475. Let me know asap if you're interested! Make an offer. It needs to go within the next week.

Here's the eBay link. Not sure if it's set-up in the right category, so easiest to just click or share this link if you know anyone interested. Thanks.

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/272037465173?item=272037465173&viewitem=&vxp=mtr"]1996 XR400 Street Legal Mint Condition Rebuilt from Ground Up Dirt Bike | eBay[/ame]

Back