• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sold - DRZ400 new IMS 4 gallon tank, blue, $225

Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Gibbens
Sold

: brand new, never used, still in the box, blue IMS 4 gallon gas tank for the DR-Z400 or the KLX400 for sale for $225 shipped anywhere to the lower 48. This tank fits the 2000-2014 E, S, and SM models.

Here's the link to IMS's web page if you want more info on the tank.

The backstory: JT and I have been helping our friend Milton get his DRZ ready for our upcoming Mexico ride. Milton's Clarke 3.9 gallon tank was having a problem so we ordered the IMS as a replacement. Then we discovered that we could get the parts to fix his Clarke tank so Milton has decided to keep the Clarke and sell the IMS. I've offered to handle the transaction for him.

I have the same IMS tank on my DRZ and really like it. It has 2 advantages over other aftermarket gas tanks. First, it has a little more capacity than the Clarke or Acerbis tanks. Second, the design of the tank protects both radiators, negating the need for radiator guards.

Here's the same model & color IMS tank on the first DRZ that I owned.

IMG_4551_edited-1-M.jpg

IMG_4561_edited-1-M.jpg

If you have questions, call me at 512-203-6143 or send me a PM.

I'm in Austin in case you want to pick up the tank personally.

Rich

Last edited:
Re: DRZ400 new IMS 4 gallon tank, blue, $225

Sending the link to Hail, I think he was wanting one.

I do want one, just not in blue. Also a little worried about whether this particular one would work with my radiator guards (front protection not lateral support.)

Last edited:

I do want one, just not in blue. Also a little worried about whether this particular one would work with my radiator guards (front protection not lateral support.)

I think the IMS will work with the radiator guards.
I have guards and a Safari Tank on mine.

Sold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back