• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sold FS - 1996 F150 XL - $2100

Reaction score
1996 F150 XL - 4.9 inline 6, Short bed
149,970.7 Miles
vin#1FTEF15Y8TLA43146
Duel Tanks - Front gauge does not work.
Brand new Tires, Brakes, shocks and alignment
cold/cool AC.
Oil change on 2-11-20, does have a very small lead/drip
Kenwood Stereo
Kill switch
bed-liner
Located in Conroe Hwy 242 & 1488
title in hand.

$2100

We purchased this truck in 2012, our son drove it to school and later from Conroe to Huntsville wile attending Sam Houston State. We sent the truck to Waco and my mom and stepdad drove it up until August when we brought it back home.

It will pass a safety inspection and can pass in counties that do not require emissions test. ( I have the paperwork from the inspection) . Next year it will only have to pass safety in all counties. In Montgomery county it failed for code P0174, P0401, P0385 and P0443. All emmission sensor related, again no big deal in counties that do not check emissions. Check engine light is on because of the codes. Gas cap(s) passed. Pain is OK, needs some work. it is fading in a number of spots.

I drive the truck on the weekends, drives really well for a 24 yr old truck.

Please let me know what questions you have. I can send a ton more pictures.

She is a beaut. Need to recover from some other financial issues but if she is still around then I'll come a calling.

I love this. My dad passed away a little less than 2 years ago (cant believe that much time has passed already) and left me his 86 C30. He and I were the last two people to lay eyes on the inside of the motor and I don't think I can let it go. It's a beater and needs plenty of love still. All that to say i'd buy your truck in a heartbeat if I didn't have the C30!

Attachments

• 241_1208.JPG
    241_1208.JPG
    549.8 KB · Views: 253
It will pass a safety inspection and can pass in counties that do not require emissions test. ( I have the paperwork from the inspection) . Next year it will only have to pass safety in all counties. In Montgomery county it failed for code P0174, P0401, P0385 and P0443. All emmission sensor related, again no big deal in counties that do not check emissions. Check engine light is on because of the codes. Gas cap(s) passed.

Do some counties pass a vehicle with a check engine light on?

Is the engine the same as the 300ci straight six in my 1980 F150?

Do some counties pass a vehicle with a check engine light on?

Is the engine the same as the 300ci straight six in my 1980 F150?

I don't know about the Check engine light in reguards to passing inspection. Because it will be 25 yrs old next year, the rules will change. As far as inspecting this year, I just don't know.

It is a 300CI.

1581607463062.png

If it needs to be inspected this year it will not pass with a check engine light on because it is OBD II. The rules do change next year but I don't know what will be expected.

Code P0174 indicates that there is a lean condition detected by the Engine Control Module (ECM). A lean condition will be created if there is too much air, and not enough fuel, in the air fuel ratio (AFR).

Code P0401 Exhaust EGR Flow Insufficient. The OBDII fault code P0401 means that the engine computer has detected that the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system flow is insufficient. The EGR system redirects a small amount of exhaust gases back into the intake.

P0385 OBD-II: Crankshaft Position Sensor "B" Circuit
This provides a critical data signal used by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to control Ignition Spark Timing and Fuel Delivery. ... When the PCM detects an irregular signal or no signal, it will set code P0385.

P0443 is an OBD-II generic code that the engine control module (ECM) has detected a malfunction with the purge control valve or its control circuit. This could mean an open or short in the valve or circuit.

Man...looking at this sucker makes me really notice how different pickups are just two and a half decades later.

A vehicle with a CEL on will pass in Brazos county. The tech said since there is no emissions testing, the CEL is irrelevant. I’d assume all non-emissions counties would be the same.

I like the CP sticker ..... my daughter went to College Park. Graduated 2018.

My first car was a 95 5-speed of the same model. That engine is indestructible. There are things I miss about that truck when I drive my 2010 Chevy.

I like the CP sticker ..... my daughter went to College Park. Graduated 2018.

My son graduated in 2015, daughter will graduate in 2022. It was a CP Guard sticker until she quit color guard. I played band dad for a year hauling band gear and color-guard props around the country.

@TossingLead that's one happy looking customer. Y'all drive it back to DFW? That would have been a perfect ride and drive deal.

Back