• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: SOLD - KLR 650 w/ cargo sidecar

If someone gave me a 2016 KLR I could not build your bike for 7800. WOW! Great build. I built a 2012 and know the expense and she only had two wheels. They are bullet proof. Once again good build TallRider and glws

Who built and set up the sidecar?
I did. This is my tenth sidecar rig, have ridden over 75,000 miles on sidecars in the last six years. I do all my own maintenance. When I decided to return to South America to ride the rest of the Pan American Highway, I drew upon my previous experiences down there to select, design and build a rig that could handle the conditions there, have parts, tires, etc easy to find when needed, any local mechanic could repair it (i.e. no electronics) and be affordable enough to sell to a local when the rides was over.
The only two bikes that meet that criteria are the KLR650 and the DR650. The KLR has a larger aftermarket of suppliers.

This is the coolest KLR I’ve ever seen. The only thing I think would make it even cooler would be to replace that toolbox with a casket.

a very nice and well equipped rig.
I've seen other KLR rigs, this has to be the best thought out.
DMC is arguably the best sidecar maker.
If I were 20 years younger (make that 10) I'd be all over it.
Good luck with the sale

What a cool rig! If I didn't already have a hack, I'd be all over it.

Thanks for all the kind words, building this KLR was a labor of love and laser intent to have a rig that could handle anything South America might throw at her.

The KLR rig and I were on our way to South America when my dream ride ended in Miami, January 9th. After dropping off the bike with the air freight forwarder, a young lady driver failed to notice I was walking in the crosswalk first. Now am another auto-pedestrian statistic in the Dade County record books. Even when you are in the right, you can be wronged.

Will be back in Houston by mid-week, for those who have asked to come see her.

Last edited:
This KLR rig will be at the regional Sidecar Rally on the KOA Campgrounds in Rusk, TX, first weekend in May, 3, 4, 5th.

Anyone interested in sidecars is welcome at the rally. There will be 18-24 sidecar rigs there if the weather cooperates. Sidecar games will be Saturday afternoon.

Thanks for all the kind words, building this KLR was a labor of love and laser intent to have a rig that could handle anything South America might throw at her.

The KLR rig and I were on our way to South America when my dream ride ended in Miami, January 9th. After dropping off the bike with the air freight forwarder, a young lady driver failed to notice I was walking in the crosswalk first. Now am another auto-pedestrian statistic in the Dade County record books. Even when you are in the right, you can be wronged.

Will be back in Houston by mid-week, for those who have asked to come see her.
WOW, a great looking rig I wish you the best of luck selling it.
but WOW what insanely bad luck for you!!!
I hope you are on the mend and not permanently affected by the experience.

Back