• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SOLD ON TWT 92 Bandit 400

Cycledelic Relic

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Powers
Sold here on TWT....thanx Pacman & son
(sorry....Im terrible with names)

Ive got a brand new quality battery installed.
I changed the turn signals to shorter stalk but same style.
& lastly...bought an orig seat/helmet lock which needs to be key matched to tank & ign switch.
All this below was done by the prev owner...I cant take any credit...

Works Performance Shock
New EBC Rotors and Pads front and rear
New braided front brake line
New upper triple clamp, handlebar clamp, handlebars, grips, switches, bar ends and mirrors
New crankcase side covers left and right
Oil changed at 14500 miles when covers were installed
Valves adjusted at about 13500 miles or so
New breather hoses
New factory ignition coils
New factory ignition wires
New factory sparkplug caps
New plugs at about 13500 miles as well
New reusable K&N type air filter
New footpegs (Emgo)
Super Trapp stainless slip on (tuneable)
Carbs rebuilt by Granbury Motorsports Jetted for Exhaust
(Carbs again professionally cleaned & jetting confirmed on 10-2-20)
Battery Tender Lead
New rear hugger
New rear fender
Used stock rear mudflap
Stock signal lights incl...New aftermkt turn signals on bike now
Michelin Pilot Road 3 tires ..about 2k miles on them
New ignition pick up coil
New aftermarket CDI unit (slightly lower rev limiter)
New RARE Factory Suzuki Accessory Fairing
New Factory Petcock
Lots of new bolts and bobs and farkles
Suzuki Workshop Manual in orig binder
Fresh ethanol free fuel in the tank & under 16k on the odo
I also got a box of extra parts along with the bike when I bought it.
Many more photos of bike & details of work done are available

20190902_092942.jpg
20190902_092805.jpg
20190902_092953.jpg
20190902_091612.jpg

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Looks kinda familiar. GLWS
YOU think it looks familiar? It looks like a very nice version of one I used to have in my garage!

Fun little bike and sounds amazing. You won't get speeding tickets but you'll sound and feel like you will.

With a 14,000 redline it's a screamer when you wind it up.

...& you wind up screaming with delight!
at that sound.

On the one ride I did...thru the local rural loop.... I was thinkin....man...the folks within earshot were gonna swear I was dooin 80 down those county roads!

Man, I sure loved that thing. By the way, a small correction. That is a Super Trapp full exhaust. You could probably sell that front fairing and make more than the bike is worth. I bought it new in the box for like $365 plus shipping. Truly unobtainium. The little bike handles well, just not with tall folks on it.

I’ve loved this bike ever since I first saw it on here. Unfortunately I’m also too tall.

Man, I sure loved that thing. By the way, a small correction. That is a Super Trapp full exhaust. You could probably sell that front fairing and make more than the bike is worth. I bought it new in the box for like $365 plus shipping. Truly unobtainium. The little bike handles well, just not with tall folks on it.
Doug....that SuperTrapp is the 4" universal internal disc slip on...like this one on ebay.. 283788756303
Different size inlets available
They weren't available back in the 90s.

The complete Trapp systems that were offered way back when...were full stainless from exhaust port to outlet.. I think with external discs.

Could be a different brand header/collector in steel....Vance&Hines or Yosh both made systems for baby Bandits.

****. That is cool as all get out.

Edit: still kicking myself that I didn't grab it last time.

Still not the right time for me, but I passed it on to some friends, hopefully one of them will want it.

&....the really really cool thing about this bike is......

The fact that both Jasen & Doug resisted repaint.....keeping the bike's original patina....mabe a scuff here & there....but original.....which..to me is fantastic
Thanx guys!

Doug replaced the case covers that had been painted. But he also wanted to paint the entire bike black, almost as if he's batman and only works in shades of black and gray.

That Supertrapp was on there when I got it back in like 2006 I think.

FWIW, these bikes are NOT rare as there were a zillion of them made. They just happen to be super duper rare in the good old USA. They were only imported here for two years and in very small numbers. I've only ever seen one other one and almost wrecked my car driving past it craning my neck around to make sure I saw what I saw.

How many miles are on it? Any cash price?
Some people don't have a stash of bikes to trade. ;-)

So how tall is to tall for this thing? I am 5'11" but have short legs (28-29" inseam).

YOU.....are a likely candidate...
I'm 6'2" 32" inseam

Bandito has under 16k on the odo
I'd like to trade...but might consider cash offers

Rod, if you look at the stock exhaust, both the header and the muffler are aftermarket, I assumed they were both super trapp since we had a box for a full super trapp exhaust.

Heres an orig exhaust system listed on ebay... 254384846144
Everything about the header/collector assy on the bike looks just like the one listed....even the bracket for the center stand bump stop. I believe it to be orig Suzuki part.

This one listed on ebay... 113924185351
kinda looks like a Vance & Hines Supersport system... But it could be a mix of brands. The header looks either plated or stainless instead of black coated.

Last edited:
Doug....I was sure it was an aftermkt pipe too.... But..after dooin some research...I found that it was indeed an orig header/collector. My collection of old catalogs helped.

You know, I think you need to hook up a gopro and go wring it's neck in your local roads. Youtube is lacking very much in baby bandit videos. Also might show how much fun it is to a potential buyer.

"Man....would I love to....

I jus dont fit it 6'2" & 280"

Calling Gixxerjason to the white phone...

Any interest in a 2009 Weestrom? I have the GIVI side cases in the garage for it also. Crash bars and skid plate are straight. It is too tall for my wife, and I don't like it much. The skid plate drags too easy.

Attachments

• 100_8136.JPG
    100_8136.JPG
    442.5 KB · Views: 198
  • 100_8137.JPG
    100_8137.JPG
    400.2 KB · Views: 230
DANG that is a cool bike!!!! and DANG this (expletives) economic disaster!!!

Any interest in my 1998 Suzuki DR350SE? She only as 2800 miles with many extras. If so, you would owe me the bike plus $400. Just sayin. This would be a cool bike for my stepson that is trying to find one for college.

Back