• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Sold: Tokina wide angle lens for Canon DSLR

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
Model Tokina AT-X Pro DX II - 11-16mm F2.8 Aspherical. For Canon DSLR cameras $200 I'd prefer a face to face transaction just to give you chance to try it out and to avoid risks of it getting damaged in shipping, but will work with you. I'm willing to drive/ride to meet part way.

It is designed for crop sensor cameras which use the EF-S lenses, but it actually has a EF mount so it will go on full frame sensor Canon cameras. However, on a full frame body, you can only use 15-16mm of the zoom range of the image will show a circle vignette from the physical edges of the lens. Which is actually fine since when you apply the 1.6x crop factor adjustment of using it on a crop sensor, 11mm is in the same range as 15-16mm on a full frame. I've used this on my old T1i, my 7d Mark II and my full frame 5d Mark IV. It has been a solid lens. It had a slight issue that is common for this lens where if you were tying to shoot star pictures it wouldn't quite focus to infinity, but this one has been fixed.

I have the original box, packing and manual. I just purchased a Canon 16-35mm L lens and this one is extra now, in case you were wondering why I was getting rid of it. A super wide lens like this is a lot of fun, but you have to learn to get close and have a foreground subject. I used it at night for stars and also at car shows. It is fun to get up close to a headlight and show both the grill and down the side of the car.

i-SgQJQjr-X2.jpg

i-Fm596pB-X2.jpg

i-LPMFVhW-X2.jpg

i-4H8FvWX-X2.jpg

i-ZbgDhXv-X2.jpg

i-bQ2dMvB-X2.jpg

What part of Austin are you located in? I’ll be headed to Cedar Park later today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Round Rock, I just sent you a private message with my cell number.

Really good lens at a great price! I had this lens on my Nikon system and really enjoyed it. I now have the Tokina full-frame version. Tokina makes solid, budget friendly, wide angle lenses. Good luck with the sale, Rusty.

Back