• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Son stranded in Huntsville area....any TWT people near

Reaction score
My son's car broke on his way back home to Dallas. I suspect his alternator. Any shops close to Exit 142?

If it is alternator a new fully charged battery may get him home with headlights off. You are a good dad.

Charge his battery with a set of jumper cables from a good strong running bigger car or truck then turn off all extra electrical stuff and he can get several miles closer if nothing is available . I made it home 50 miles on the battery in one of my old trucks years ago , I saw it the minute it went out , opened the windows turned off the ac and came home glad it happened when it did . I had left Colorado the day before and drove all night . A 20 minute charge should be good for several miles with everything off .

Reactions: JMZ
Son has been rescued....not sure what problem was. Car is a old Lexus that we got 20 years of service from. I gave it to him when he was in high school. He graduates from college this year, so I think it's time to let him upgrade a bit. Hopefully we can find him something without too much Covid trouble. Thanks to all who responded and messaged. That's what community is all about! Call on me anytime!

And clean those terminals for good measure. Side post?...well never mind.

Son has been rescued....not sure what problem was. Car is a old Lexus that we got 20 years of service from. I gave it to him when he was in high school. He graduates from college this year, so I think it's time to let him upgrade a bit. Hopefully we can find him something without too much Covid trouble. Thanks to all who responded and messaged. That's what community is all about! Call on me anytime!
Covid is your friend as the buyer right now.

That Lexus is barely broken in. My Tundra is an 05 model and runs like new. Fix what ever is wrong, it must be something minor. Anything new is way to expensive and really not as good of a vehicle. rh

The Lexus is a 1999 model, so got you by 6 years. I have an 06 Sequoia that has traversed the country many times and still drives like new. He won't get a new car, but it's time to retire the 99. It's worn out....

Congrats on getting another one through college! Its a rewarding feeling and what you raised them to do!

Your a lucky guy, too many families have problems with there children. Keep up the good work.

Back