• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Soozy's 50 First Dates Tour:The Ride Report

I really did not think you would make it to the BB friday. How wrong I was.:clap:

Congratulations on the ride and welcome back.

I don't know you Soozy but you are my kind of woman. If I wasn't married, I'd want to be your 51st date and a proposal would be forthcoming.

Excellent ride. Excellent report. Thanks for sharing. You rock!!!!

Rich is improving in his choice of dinning locatons and partners. This is who he usually eats with.

PieStop2.jpg
[/quote]
Shoot your just mad cause you were taking the picture and not in it!:nana:

I'm real bad about uploading pictures to the web, but I finally put up some proof of my date with Soozy. These were taken as she was entering Wichita Falls and headed for home on her final leg.

20090818download008.jpg

Who needs a pick up truck when you can use a Burgman?
20090818download009.jpg

Last edited:
Pirelli Diablo Scooter tires. I tried the Michelin Pilot Sport tires and found them to feel squirrelly on the road. They also wore out as quickly and were higher in price. The worst issue was that either the back tire or the front(can't remember which) was ALWAYS out of stock. I waited a month to get the one tire I tried out. Pirelli's come in over night.

I need a set right now. My third set since January. :mrgreen:

Soozy, we were in Vegas a few weeks ago and saw the ceiling in the Bellagio. It was quite impressive. Thanks for the behind the scenes look. Also, thanks for sharing your incredible trip with us.

Vegas_2009_089.jpg

These are Dale Chihuly's if I am not mistaken. Quite famous.

Soozy,
Loved reading your ride report! I am so excited to see other women taking on the challenge of solo riding. I did my first 6000+ miles solo trip last August. I camped in National Parks along the way for half of the ride. I have been anxious to do it again! There is just something about the absolute freedom that riding alone affords a person. I literally flipped a coin to decide which way I would go some days. It looks like you had an equally incredible journey!!

Thanks for posting!! And keep riding the adventure!

Rasz asked what is in Crescent City. Well, let me tell you.

Tuesday, June 30

I felt like I was leaving old friends as I packed this morning, but the adventure today was designed by Wally, Deedee, and Troy.

This is whale watching territory. I saw seals today, but no whales. That means that I HAVE to return again. :mrgreen: Too too bad!

Time for dinner!

Well then, "come on down!":sun:. We will once again have a spare bedroom. :clap::rider::eat:
Wally and Deedie

Bump for a great report. Take the time to read the adventure and enjoy the pics.

It was 10 years ago almost to the day that I was date number 18 up in Seattle. (Post 177)

Back