• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Soozy's 50 First Dates Tour:The Ride Report

Thanks for letting us see your inner dialog. Here I thought I was the only one who did that, though I keep interrupting myself with, "How about you pay more attention to your riding before you become a statistic idiot!"

awesome report.
(remember, look where you wanna go vs target fixation. ;-))

And she's off. Looks like it's going to be the PCH today, man I wish I was there instead of enjoying a projected high of 103.

I been around a loooong time, but that's still some of the funniest stuff I have ever read-anywhere. From the "I'll think like a guy" line all the way to the end the tears were rolling down my face I was laughing so hard.
Soozy, you may have missed your calling. While reading that I had this mental image of you acting it out as a standup monologue, and the audience was howling with laughter and hanging onto the tables. GOOD STUFF!

Can trucks really have three trailers behind them?
Yes. There are very few areas of the country where pulling triples is allowed, and a small triangle in CA/NV/AZ is the only area I know of in the Southwest. Some areas also allow you to pull a set of full size trailers, not just the 28 footers.

Here's a shot of the now defunct Milne line with a set from back in the 80's...

milne_frtlnr_triples.jpg

omg omg omg

I am in Monterey where in spite of a blues fest taking all the rooms and making them expensive, I was able to talk the desk lady into a DOWNSTAIRS room for the regular weekday rate. :mrgreen:

I HAD to stop because I am shaking from the combination of cold and excitement. I don't know which one contributed more. I am going to do a month long trip up and back down this highway one summer. And I will have a better camera when I do. It is so over-the-top breath taking, earth moving, gorgeous with the heart pumping, adrenaline dumping twisties that never let up, my little heart just wore out. When I hit the traffic through...wherever I was right before here...I dove for this exit and noticed the traffic on Hwy 1 come to a halt at that split. As I climbed off of my bike a Cali dude walked up to tell me Michael Jackson and Farah Faucet died.

I will post pictures later, and thank you guys for posting your pleasure with the report.

Hmmm....the Blues Festival.....

I was watching your progress today with a smile imaging the fun you were having. I've driven the PCH one time, and it was in a Jeep. I can only imagine how much better it is on a scoot.

Soozy your an inspiration to us all. Thanks for sharing your ride with us and the Beautiful pics. Stay safe out there and keep the report coming.

Like others have stated you are the reason I joined TWT due to your Colo ride report. I just hope I have the opportunity to do what you are doing one day. Thanks again for sharing with us. :clap::clap::clap:

I have a stalker!!!!:eek2: Dail PMed me the hotel I am in. I told him he couldn't guess the room. Then he CALLED my room phone and said, "This is your stalker."!:rofl::rofl:

I have a stalker!!!!:eek2: Dail PMed me the hotel I am in. I told him he couldn't guess the room. Then he CALLED my room phone and said, "This is your stalker."!:rofl::rofl:

:rofl:

Knowing Dail, he will probably knock on your door next.

He is supposedly leaving soon (or already left), heading north and west, destination unknown. His SPOT link is now in his signature...

He may be headed to California! :eek2:

:rofl:

Knowing Dail, he will probably knock on your door next.

He is supposedly leaving soon (or already left), heading north and west, destination unknown. His SPOT link is now in his signature...

He may be headed to California! :eek2:

I'm leaving in the AM, North and maybe West but not California.
:rider: a DR200.

I can see how he figured out which motel. And he must have called the front desk to get your room number, but what still eludes me is why? :shrug:

SOOZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You ROCK. OMG I sat here and read your inner convo to my partner. It took me a long time to read because I kept laughing and crying and laughing and trying to catch my breath.

Stay safe. Keep having fun. Enjoy. I have to meet you when you get back to Texas!

I can see how he figured out which motel. And he must have called the front desk to get your room number, but what still eludes me is why? :shrug:

Our Tarrant County group has some interesting characters... :roll:

Ha Ha Ha!!!! Way to go Dail.....

"We'll keep the light on."

Another day Soozy and you still rock!!!!!

Thursday June 25

Here is a shot of Vegas from yesterday.

IMG_2553.jpg

I thought it might be fun to show the packing of the bike this morning. I rarely do anything the same way twice, but this has become important to me. A road lesson is to put everything in the same place every time, that way you can find stuff and also not lose stuff.

First into the trunk are all the toiletries. Smash them down good.

IMG_2554.jpg

Computer case next with the cables to so much stuff. Camera, phone, GPS, 2 Ipods, internet card, and computer. It JUST fits.

IMG_2555.jpg

Lay the yellow bungee across before closing.

IMG_2556.jpg

Dry bag with clothing and one blanket goes on the Givi rack. One bungee holds it fine.

IMG_2557.jpg

Duffle with tent, foam mat, thermorest pad, heavy blanket, umbrella, long johns, and frog toggs goes on the seat. Hook the yellow bungee that goes thru the trunk to the handles.

IMG_2558.jpg

Cross it all with three red bungies.

IMG_2559.jpg

Run two small green bungies from the Givi rack to the handles of the duffle. This is secure, but I can get in the trunk in seconds if needed.

IMG_2560.jpg

SPOT on the right brake reservoir with Burt's Bees for the lips and Carmex for the nasal passages. (It really helps!) And cramp buster for the long stretches.

IMG_2561.jpg

GPS on the left.

IMG_2563.jpg

Comb and sunblock in the glove box.

IMG_2562.jpg

Water, book and pen, my skirt, carabiner my sandals onto straps, and load Ya'll.

IMG_2564.jpg

The last thing on the bike is me.

IMG_2569.jpg

What is this flower? It is so pretty.

IMG_2572.jpg

Riding out of Bakersfield was a treat. I was riding between orange orchards. When next to one, there was a definite lowering of temperature. The weather was 70's and sunny. Ideal! I passed a bunch of fields where hamburgers and steaks were being grown, too. At McKittrick, I got into some bodacious curves.

IMG_2579.jpg

Along the way there were seriously old live oaks. This one was not close to me but I bet it has a 6-8 foot diameter. That would make it close to 20 feet around. 2000 years old, maybe?

IMG_2580.jpg

I remember thinking it should be illegal to feel that good! I picked up 101 in San Luis Obispo (home of Cal Poly U) which put me on Highway 1!

OCEAN!!

IMG_2581.jpg

I am going to wear myself out. :mrgreen:

IMG_2582.jpg

IMG_2586.jpg

IMG_2587.jpg

IMG_2591.jpg

IMG_2594.jpg

:mrgreen:

IMG_2595.jpg

Every rock was covered with sea birds.

IMG_2596.jpg

I saw a sign that said Elephant Seal Point...

IMG_2622.jpg

IMG_2623.jpg

IMG_2638.jpg

IMG_2648.jpg

IMG_2653.jpg

IMG_2651.jpg

The sound they make...how can I describe it? Let's see. I laid in the tub and the small of my back created suction which stuck it to the tub. When I yanked it loose, that sound resembled the voice of one of these uttering one syllable.

These little guys were everywhere

IMG_2618.jpg

Yum.

IMG_2657.jpg

My near future.

IMG_2658.jpg

Hello there.

IMG_2659.jpg

Ya'll having fun.

IMG_2662.jpg

This low cloud hung around all day.

IMG_2663.jpg

Cliff repairs.

IMG_2666.jpg

Sweet.

IMG_2667.jpg

Look at that color.

IMG_2668.jpg

Stopped here for a sandwich.

IMG_2670.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

I met the guys who rode these bikes to Austin and back.

IMG_2673.jpg

IMG_2672.jpg

Rode on.

IMG_2677.jpg

IMG_2678.jpg

IMG_2679.jpg

IMG_2680.jpg

IMG_2683.jpg

IMG_2684.jpg

IMG_2685.jpg

I was getting tired and started getting tight and trembly. I am sure it was a combination of cold, nerves, and excitement. All day I had to keep reminding myself to BREATHE. This was an amazing ride start to finish. I think it would be a safer ride done from North to South because so many of the pull offs and view points are on the ocean side. I was making left turns across traffic all day.

I am meeting Fitty at Alice's Restaurant in Hondo for lunch tomorrow! :rider::eat:

I got a call from Hannah last night that she had broken down at 820 and Berry on her bike. Seth was on his way to her. I woke Bill and Rachel because I forgot about the time change. They took a trailer to Hannah. Bill got the bike to run well enough to get it to Seth's shop and followed Hannah there. I am VERY grateful! It was a bad kickstand switch combined with a bad clutch switch thingy.

And Dale did it because I basically told him he couldn't. :mrgreen:

WOW...those pictures of the coast are wonderful! I'd have a hard time not stopping every 2 seconds to take pics and enjoy the view! You most definitely are taking a trip of a lifetime. Thanks for sharing your adventures! Loving it!!!

I thought you must have been packing a Plymouth for a minute there, then realized you were still on the Burgman! :doh:

:lol2:

Keep safe and keep having fun!.

J.

I did pack a Plymouth. It is in the basement of the trunk by the stripper pole and the big screen. My back up ride. Can't believe I forgot to mention it.

I love your new avatar, Janet!

Back